Chapter three

"Hey Max, wake up" I groaned but opened my eyes.

"What's wrong" I asked Rick.

"The car ran out of gas" I groaned again.

"Of course it did" Rick chuckled.

"C'mon let's go" I sat up and reached behind me to get the duffle bag.

Rick grabbed the gas can and car keys before walking away from the car.

I ran up a bit so I could walk beside him.

"How many kids do you have" I asked Rick.

"I have one son, he's around your age" I nodded.

"What's his name" I kicked a rock out of my way, it rolled over to Rick.

"Carl" a bunch of crows flew over us making noise.

"What about your wife" one single crow flew over my head, it got left behind.

"Her names Lori" a bug scurried by my feet trying not to get stepped on.

The sun was out, it was warm outside, but it was quiet.

No cars, people, planes or helicopters, it was just quite.

Quite can be nice but after a while it gets annoying.

You start to miss the cars, people yelling and arguing, the loud and noisy planes, the helicopters that would circle around when looking for someone.

But we will never get that back, most of the population is probably dead, gas will be harder to find, so that means no more cars or airplanes and helicopters.

"Hey, you okay" Rick spoke breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, just thinking" the air smelt different, obviously the city always was polluted, so the country smelt better but now its smells like death.

There was a house up in the distance, it was small but not too small.

"Rick look a house" he looked up as I called his name.

"Could be people in there" I have very little hope that people are actually in there but you never know.

If people are in there they might not be alive.

-

"Stay right here" wasn't planning on going anywhere.

Rick quickly stepped away from the house, he grabbed my arm gently and dragged me into the backyard.

"Hey, what did you see" no answer.

"Were they dead" again no answer.

Looking up I seen a horse, I've never seen a horse in real life before, they're huge.

"Rick I don't know how to ride a horse" I told him kinda scared.

"That's okay, you just hold onto me and you should be fine" Rick said smiling.

Rick lifted me up onto the horse before climbing on himself.

I grabbed onto Rick quickly not wanting to fall off.

-

"Rick turn back" I shouted.

There was walkers in front of us so Rick had to turn around but when he did there was more walkers.

"You have to jump off" Rick said.

"What no are you crazy" I asked.

"Maybe but if you want to live then you have to jump" I groaned but nodded my head anyways.