17. Last breath

8 MONTH AGO

(6 month+2 week) / 26th week

When Kit realised that baby's heart beat is actually not heard from doppler. Then due to shock (because his body was already became weaker due to his illness.) he became faint. Then Singto quickly called doctor Pak who was Kit's consultent doctor. Then doctor Pak said "Bring him hospital immediately."

Pho hurridly goes downstair he started the car and Singto quickly lifted Kit in his arm and brought him to the car and carefully sat him into the car. Then he too goes inside the car and by holding Kit's head. He put Kit's head on his lap and Mae sat in front seat of car beside Pho's seat. Then without wasted anytime they went for hospital.

Outside the hospital door, nurses were already there with stretcher. They quickly lay Kit on the stretcher and nurses leaded the stratcher inside the hospital and Singto and his mae-pho followed the stretcher which held by hospital staff.

When Singto reached the ward where doctor Pak and his staff was taking Krist into the OPD. Singto asked to doctor with very depressed and nervous face "Doctor Pak please tell me! Please tell me what happened to Krist? Please!"

"Wait! Mr. Prachaya. Just let me check him first." Doctor said to Singto while walking inside the OPD with nurses whose were taking Kit on stretcher.

After checking Kit's nerves, doctor gave the injection to Kit and nurses inserted the medicine saline into Kit hand's nerves.

Singto was watching all these things impatiently with fear of losing his wife while sitting next to Kit's bed and Mae and Pho were waiting outside the OPD room.

Doctor said with heavy breath "What we were afraid of the same thing happened Mr. Prachaya. Due to chemo medicine, baby's heartbeat became slow. We have to take decision."

"What kind of decision doctor Pak?" Singto asked Nervously while holding tight Kit's hand.

"It's that, What do you want, baby or mother?" Doctor asked.

"What?" Singto shocked.

"Yes! Mr. Prachaya. Due to chemo medicines, mother's blood became toxic for baby and baby's heart facen difficulties for pumping the impure blood. That's why baby's heart beat became slow. It's the early symptom that the treatment is showing side effect on baby. Later it will show more worse side effect on baby. And if we will not use this medicine then Mrs. Prachaya's condition will become more worse. And if we try to save baby then your wife's life will be in danger. So you have to take decision that whether you want to terminate this pregnancy or you want to save Mrs. Prachaya's life?"

Singto was can't understanding anything on that time. Doctor said "After sometime Mrs. Prachaya will come to his senses. And I knew already his wish. But according to our hospital policy we can't take decision according to patient untill their guardian will not allow us to follow patient wish. So you have to hurry to take decision. I can understand your condition Mr. Prachaya. We will try to use our complete skill to save both baby and mother. But we have to think the main extremity of this case too Mr. Prachaya."

From the start, Singto's preference was Krist. But on the other side he also thought about, what will be the reaction of Kit? When he knows that without knowing him I took that decision to save him not our baby. Singto was aware about that fact. If he will take decision to save Kit not the baby. Then the whole life Kit will not forgive him for taking that decision. But for Singto these all things didn't matter at all. His only wish was to save his wife's life. It sounds somewhere selfish. But Singto's situation made him selfish. That's why he choosen Kit's life not baby. Only Singto can understand his feeling on that time, to saving his love's life he was going to end his own baby's life. The baby they had been living with her for 7 months was about to die.