A helping hand

~Karma POV~

It's sunday now. One more day until it's time for Nagisa and I to go back to school, I wake up a bit early this morning. I usually wake up 'early' so early for me is in reality 4:00 Am. And just as the broadcasts said earlier this week, it was really stormy. I really like storms, I find them peaceful and the glass tapping on my window kinda soothes me.

I go downstairs and get some cereal. I turn on just a little lamp to compliment the mood and general feeling that this storm gives off. I feel something building up in my chest. A feeling of overall calmness, of course I'd be better with Nagisa here but of course it's one in the morning and he's asleep. Well, at least I hope he is, wink wink.

One thing weird about Nagisa and I is that throughout this entire little adventure we've had since he's been back, we've yet to call each other boyfriends. Are we just friends with benefits? Is that all he sees me as? That'd be kinda depressing, years of me flirting and he just finds me as someone to kiss and that's it. No! Happy thoughts, Karma, happy thoughts.

—————

~Nagisa's POV~

I can't believe what just happened. After my mother threw one of her tantrums, she kicked me out for the day and now I'm in this storm with nothing but my shirt and shorts. I don't even have shoes on! Last time I checked the weather it was 40 degrees. I'm freezing, pissed, wet and scared. If I don't find somewhere to stay quick I'm gonna die.

I start walking while I think of my possibilities. Oh god, I already know it but I'm gonna look needy if I go there again. But I don't wanna get sick. I muster up all my courage and start walking to Karma's house, each step hurting just a bit. I walk from street lamp to street lamp, each one being a tiny victory.

—————

Well, I'm here now and by the time I got here I'm crying loudly. God dang it, I doubt I even have to knock at this point. Just as that thought pops into my head, it becomes a reality, he opens the door and sees me, blurting out "Oh my god Nagisa. What the hell?!"

He then takes me inside and puts me on the couch, running and grabbing a towel. When he comes back he asks "What were you doing out there without a coat or shoes?" And to be honest I don't know how to answer this so I don't. "Whatever." he says "At least you did the right thing and came to me..." he says and smiles

I feel my heart melt as he says that, feeling a small grin appear on my face. I wasn't expecting him to enjoy me randomly popping by like this.

—————

~Karma's POV~

I'm panicking right now. He came to my house crying, scared and he refuses to say why he walked that distance unprepared. I don't wanna push the question yet, I'll do it when he's feeling a bit better. For now I just grab a blanket and throw it over him and the towel "Is that warm enough? I can grab another." He just nods in response

I take a seat next to him and put a finger through his hair, trying my best to comfort not only him but myself. His hair is really soft. It's kind of addicting to play with it. He starts falling asleep and I smile widely. I feel a bit better.

I move him over to my bed and kiss his forehead, putting the blanket over him. I go to get up and feel him gripping my shirt "You're...sleeping with me." He says in a drowsy voice. I thought he would've fallen asleep by then but whatever.

I nods and lay down next to him, I look into his eyes. When I look in his eyes I can see fear, sadness and weirdly enough, happiness. Well, whatever happened must've been tragic for him. I'll make the rest of the day extra good for him! For the rest of the day I'll make sure he feels nothing but happiness! Aka, for you guys that's extra fluff for you guys next time.

((Wow, I'm actually uploading now. Thanks to the people who have actually been reading this, it means a lot. See ya next upload!))