Chapter 13- Trust is Such a Strong Word

"HIYAH!!!"

This was the sound that echoed through the forest as I went completely ninja on Kabuto's ass, of course he saw me and easily step sidded my attack. I wonder if it had something to do with my semi-loud entrance.

Sasuke ran into the clearing next to me and sent me a silent glare. You complete idiot! He scolded in my head, You're worse then Naruto! I gasped in offence and was about to give him a piece of my mind when a loud cough brought my attention back to the situation at hand. I glared up at the white haired demon know as Kabuto, he had on his classic "I'm know something you dont" smirk on. It irked me to no end.

"Well, this is a surprise." Kabuto commented crossing his arms. He glance at Sasuke, "Sasuke-kun. How are you doing tonight?" Rule number one: If someone calls Sasuke by -kun besides his numerous fangirls, that person is automatically a bad guy. "And you are?"

I felt his snake like gaze shift over to me, shivers went up my spine. I regarded him cooly, "Miho."

Suddenly Sakura's nerves laughter came, it was as if she had sensed the murderous tension in the air. She half walked half ran up to Sasuke and latched onto his right arm. "Sasuke!" Her voice quivered, "I was just thanking Kabuto here for stopping Naruto and I from opening the scroll-"

"You what?!" Sasuke barked out, he turned to Naruto sharply. "Are you really that stupid?! And you!" He shook Sakura off his arm and glared at her, "Why didn't you stop him? Better yet. Why did you agree with him! I thought you were smarter then this!"

Sakura's emerald green eyes widened as her bottom lip quivered ever so slightly, I could already see the water works coming. Though I had to admit, I thought Sasuke was being a tad harsher then necessary. I tried my best to send calming waves towards him, it seemed to work because Sasuke physically relaxed a little. But only a little.

Sasuke let out a frustrated huff and turned to Kabuto, glaring harshly. "What are you doing here?"

Kabuto shrugged, "I was just helping out like the cute little cherry blossom said." Sakura blushed a deep Scarlett at that. "But you should know, those who ignore the rules will get punished. If you had opened the scroll before reaching the tower-"

"Yes, yes." I interjected, "It would've released a powerful genjustu and put you to sleep until the end of the second exam."

Everyone glanced at me in surprise, Kabuto once again gave me that knowing, secretive smirk of his causeing me to grind my teeth in pure loathing. "Looks like some one knows her things," he mused. "Who are you again?"

"Miho!" I snapped angrily, sure I felt bad for him when I read about his past but that still didn't make Kabuto any less of a bad person. He still never failed to piss me off.

Sasuke on the other hand glanced at me in suspicion, I felt him trying to enter the barriers I put up around my mind so he couldn't always read my thoughts. His frustration was evident, one final harsh jab to my barriers said it clearly. This wasn't over.

"Hm... I thought these were only groups of three." Kabuto said, he glanced down at the chain connecting Sasuke and my wrists. "Unless dear Miho, that you're a prisoner?"

I snorted, "It's more of the other way around."

"But it's three to one."

"This chain is a very special justu."

Kabuto cracked a smile, "You'll have to explain it to me one of these days then Miho-chan." The name prefix made me gag internally, to be called chan by this freak was simply too disgusting to explain. His eyes wondered my body as if I was some sample that he could dissect, of course after experimenting on so many people, I wouldn't put it past him.