Ch. 24

Heartstorm slipped into the medicine den to pay visit to Sparkbelly, Ravenfall and the kits. Sparkbelly was awake. His wounds had almost fully healed and he was more energetic now. 

            "Hey Sparkbelly," smiled Heartstorm. Sparkbelly flashed him a grin. 

            "Hey Heartstorm," he replied. "How's life without me?" 

            "Pretty boring," Heartstorm said truthfully. Sparkbelly chuckled. 

             "Ah well, you're going to have to be bored for a few more days," Sparkbelly teased. Heartstorm's eyes lit up. 

            "You'll be back out in a few days?" he asked. Sparkbelly shrugged. 

           "I'll be allowed out. And I'm hoping you're going to throw me a party," Sparkbelly said seriously. 

           "I was just planning one," grinned Heartstorm. 

            "So how are the kits?" asked Sparkbelly. 

           "Great," smiled Hearstorm. He nodded to Crowkit and Lilykit who were sleeping. "They've got new playmates." 

              "Yeah, they do get along well," put in Ravenfall.

              "Can't wait to have you back in camp," Heartstorm told Sparkbelly. Frogleap padded into the medicine den. 

              "The medicined den is part of camp, you know," he muttered. Just then Eelfrost entered.

             "Hey Hearty," he joked. Heartstorm rolled his eyes. "Hey Sparky!" Sparkbelly gave Heartstorm a look but smiled. 

               "Hey Eely," he replied. Eelfrost's eyes went wide. 

                "THat is not my name!" he exclaimed. "Hope you get better! Can't wait to have you back in camp. You can go on patrols for me. I'm so tired." 

               "Me too," nodded Heartstorm. 

               "I've had way too much rest," exclaimed Sparkbelly. 

               "Oh I could do with some of that," Eelfrost said. "I'd happily change." 

                "Same here," Sparkbelly said.

                "Eelfrost!" a voice called. It was Deerflame. 

                "Oh! It's Deerflame. I've got a hunting patrol. See you later Sparky, get better," Eelfrost said then brushed past Heartstorm. "And Heartstorm you better not ditch me on that dusk patrol to WindClan!" Heartstorm laughed. 

                 "When have I ever ditched you?" he exclaimed. 

                 "You fell asleep the day before yesterday! And you missed it! had to tolerate Moorpelt complaining for hours!" Eelfrost replied firmly. 

                   "Eelfrost!" came Deerflame's voice, sharper this time. 

                   "get out of here Eelfrost," Frogleap warned. "Before Deerflame storms in." Eelfrost quickly trotted out. Frogleap was at his tail. 

                  "Heartstorm, I need to tell you something," said Ravenfall. 

                  "Yeah?" asked Heartstorm. "Is everything alright?" 

                 "Frogleap said we're good to go tomorrow," Ravenfall said sadly. 

                 "Oh no!" exclaimed Heartstorm. "I mean that's great. I'm happy you're better." Ravenfall smiled sadly.