Link x Reader

Link sat down on the edge of Skyloft with his legs dangling from the piece of land, taking a swift gulp from his bottle of fresh water. He then let out a sigh of relief, enjoying the coldness soothing his dry throat and lips. A soft and gentle hint of a breeze ruffled Link's hair, the air cool to his skin. It felt heavenly; he couldn't recall the last time he was able to take a break like this.

He took out his beloved harp, instantly holding it out with his two sturdy arms. Once he was ready and posed, he started to strum the strings slowly, creating a slow but sweet melody.

It was all that was needed to relax the hero, letting him slowly shut his eyes as he continued to play the rhythm with his fingers. He hummed slightly, breathing in the scent of the air. It smelled of sweet heart fruits and fresh grass, a perfect mixture of both.

His thought drifted off to a few years ago, recreating a memory he would never forget.

~~~~~~~Four years flashback

Link was lazily strolling through Skyloft, Zelda too busy with her other friends. The little blonde didn't actually mind, he was sure Zelda would come back sometime later.

He then plopped down on the edge of Skyloft, just like he would do anytime he was bored. He watched in awe as brave knights trained on their birds, slicing through the air in such accuracy that Link couldn't help but gasp.

"Hey there!" A voice woke him from his daydreaming, and when he turned to look, a girl about 3-4 years older than him stood behind him, a friendly smile on her face.

Link hesitantly waved, noticing her (E/C) eyes and her (H/C) hair, but mostly the blue tunic she was wearing.

"What's your name?" She asked, coming closer to sit down next to the blonde. He slightly scooted away from her, feeling not-so-content with a stranger.

"My name is Link. And... are you a knight?" He asked, glancing yet again at her tunic and sword.

"Well, someday hopefully I will be. But for now, I'm just a knight in training." She said, another friendly smile adorning her face. She seemed like a nice person.

"I'm (Y/N) by the way. It's really nice to meet you, Link." Link swore he could see her figure glow of kindness.

"Me too. You seem really nice." He said, slightly blushing at his statement but other than that, he was fine.

"Huh, that's really straight-forward but sweet! Thanks, Link. You're gonna make a good knight." She then abruptly stood up, brushing her pants in the process.

"So then Link, we'll meet again sometime, right? See ya!" She said before running off towards the Skyloft Academy.

"(Y/N)...." He tested her name yet again, and he secretly liked how it sounded.

~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback.

(Y/N) wasn't lying when she said they would meet again. Link met her a multiple times more, growing to like her as a great friend. (Y/N) used to call him a "Little Hero", saying that Link was a natural and that he would do many things once he grew up. She taught him how to fight and fly, sometimes even letting him join her on her loftwing. He still could remember the fun they had on it, and the miraculous feeling of flying for the first time. (Y/N) got in trouble for that, but she just brushed it off and said "it was worth it for the Little Hero." They also made up a song together, creating a little harmony with their voices. Link loved her voice, so singing the song was always his favorite.

As time passed, he could feel himself developing a special feeling for the (H/C) haired girl. But Link kept that as a secret; it was as if (Y/N) only knew him as a close brother or friend and nothing more. Little did he know that the girl returned his feelings. But she refused to show it.