one

THIS IS JUST HOW YOU GUYS MET. I'm skipping a lot after this chapter.

I walked aimlessly around the park, not really sure why I was there. I like the rain, I like the feeling of being rained on. I like how it looks outside, how it feels, how cold you get. My parents don't really care where I am, I always get to go out when it rains. But I never pick the park, it gets muddy. My shoes are old anyway.

I came across a boy sitting on the bench, wearing a white tank top and jeans. (picture at the top) He was looking at the ground, holding a broken phone and shivering. I couldn't just leave him there, but I don't know what to do. Doing what I usually do, I just spoke before thinking.

"Aren't you a little uh... cold?"

What the fuck?

He looked up at me. His eyes were bloodshot and swollen, I assume he didn't want to be bothered. He immediately panicked, seeing I was his age. He started to mutter about something to do with not being able to take pictures.

"Do I know you..?" I asked, confused. He just looked relieved. He shook his head.

"Well I feel bad leaving you here alone, uh, do you have anywhere to go?"

He hesitated.

"I'll take that as a no. Uh, I could take you back to my house if that's not weird. You could like, get sick out here."

He shrugged and stood up, quickly grabbing the bench so he wouldn't fall over. The thin fabric of the tank top clung to his thin frame, doing nothing to keep him warm. Mine wouldn't help either, I'm a few inches shorter than him and it's already cold. My house is maybe a ten minute walk from here, I think it'll be fine. He removed his arm from the bench, stumbling as he walked. I kinda wanted to not say anything but if I don't he probably won't be able to walk home.

I gently put my arm around him. "Is this okay?" He nodded, and I helped him walk the rest of the way back, making awkward small talk. I think he's a little more comfortable talking to me now. When we arrived at my house my parents thankfully weren't home. They aren't home much anyway, but I'm not complaining. I led him up to my room, telling him to sit at the chair by my desk and I'd be right back.

I'm being surprisingly not as awkward as I thought I would be. I hesitated before going into my brother's room, but he needs new clothes, not my dad's because they'll be huge. He's a big guy. I put my hand on the doorknob, quickly going to the dresser and pulling out the first things I felt, then ran out, slamming the door behind me. I walked back to the bedroom, handing him the clothes.

"The shower is right in there, I'll be right here in my room. Take as long as you want, I like taking long showers when I'm cold."

He thanked me and walked into the bathroom. Once the shower started I changed into dry clothes and laid on my bed, going on instagram until he got out. After about 10 minutes, my friend Levi texted me.

(bold- Levi, normal- you)

Y/N!! GUESS WHAT

WHAT

THE WHOLE IT CAST IS DOING A MEETUP AT A CONVENTION IN QUEENS, NEW YORK. OUR CITY. HERE.

the who????

HAVE I NEVER SHOWN YOU THE IT CAST?? YOU'RE GOING TO LOOOOOVE JACK. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE NEVER SHOWN YOU. HOLD ON.

can you show me later?? I have someone here

WHO IS HE HOT WHAT'S HIS NAME

levi, you think every guy is hot. and i kinda don't know his name yet.. long story. ill text you later.

I turned off my phone as soon as the bathroom door opened. The boy walked out.

"Where should I put these...?" He said, holding up the wet clothes. I just pointed to where I threw mine.

"Just throw them over there, I'll pick them up later."

"You don't have to do all of this, you know."

"Sure I do, you could've like, died out there."

"I don't think I would've died."

"Okay, maybe if you were out long enough."

He laughed, tossing the clothes in the pile. I figured out his name was Jaeden, we talked for hours before bed, and he slept on the pull out couch in my room.

Yeah I know it's bad but it'll get better lmao I'm so bad at beginnings