Chapter 37

37 

Ι' ve philosophised it! Everything is a matter of composure. This is where I lose the upper hand. I can' t structure my feelings. That is my biggest mistake! 

A callous bitch, shouldn' t be affected by her feelings. Anger, jealousy, love, joy, sadness, desire ... I shouldn't feel none of this under any of the circumstances of my life. I have to resist Matt' s spell and not let myself be drawn by Bruno. It' s a matter of practice I think. All i have to do is not to care about anything and show to my enemies that their words do not touch me. Simple as that! I want to believe in that at least. 

For the time being, i must fight Bruno back. He keeps criticizing me about my age. He calls me "little girl" and every time he findσ an opportunity he gives prominence to my immaturity. Before he found the opportunity and mocked me by using the band Trading Yesterday. Hence, since he likes the songs so much, I'll learn him another one, which will certainly remind him of me. From what Chris told me, he has gone to sleep. Therefore, now it's my big chance to confort him. I ascend to the second floor as quietly as I can. I notice that it is much bigger than mine. I haven' t been here before since it' s Bruno' s personal space and I was forbidden to come here. In the thought of it, I roll my eyes. With my tip toes, i walk straight to the hallway to get to the last door, which is probably his bedroom. I turn as quietly as i can the handle and open the door. I look hastily to the dull in black and white colors of his bedroom, and then head towards his bed. I see him lying face down on top of it. He wears a pair of gray sweatpants, which has dropped low enough to reveal his boxer briefs. He looks incredible in it. My gaze falls unconsciously on his firm butt. It has the same influence over me, as it has to Bruno the fact that my straps slide down my shoulders. My eyes ascend to his bare torso and his large broad shoulders and then end up on his face. This contrast of the sweet and wild, angel and demon, drives me crazy! Now that his eyes are shut and he can' t hypnotize me, I can notice his face better. His plump lips, his straight nose, his high cheek bones, his firm jaw ... But above all, his jet-black hair and thin beard, who makes his face look wild and highlights his sexy side. Simultaneously, however, he' s serene and sweet, hugging his pillow. Surprisingly, the scene with me seducing him at Lily' s party, is being recalled in my mind. I take a deep breath and banish it. My eyes shifted from him to the alarm clock that he has upon the nightstand beside him. I take it in my hands and realize that he has put it to wake him up in less than half an hour. So, I change the song that will awaken him. I put the song This little girl (Murder) of Cady Groves and placed it where he was before. I smile satisfied and I get out quietly, without waking him up. 

I climb down and change quickly. I wear a black mini skirt that clings to my body combined with a short white shirt with open neckline. I straighten and tease my hair, and add black pencil eyeliner on my eyes and chocolate lip gloss on my lips. I put some dark gray low wredges and rush out of the room. 

While i descend the stairs, i face Bruno standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. He' s still half naked, barefoot, wearing just his gray sweatpants. His hair is a mess and it looks like he has just woken up. I estimate that his alarm clock had just rang. However, he' s still hotter than hell. His blue eyes devour me, but i act as if I haven' t noticed his presence. He comes closer to me grasping my chin and turning my head, giving me no other choice  than to look at him. 

<<So, little girl,  are you capable of murder? >> he asks, repeating the words of the song i put him to hear. 

<<When they hurt me, yes. Didn' t you hear? Besides, you're not the only one walking ' round with a loaded gun. >> I use the words of the singer, to refer to Brandon' t murder. 

<< You know well that I don' t need a gun. My teeth alone are quite deadly. >> He lengthens his canines for a few seconds, and then bring them back to their original size.