Chapter 19

Playlist: Ayo by Simi.
700+ views. Thanks guys.

I woke up to my annoying alarm. Jane groaned and turned to face the other side of the bed. I walked towards my bathroom to brush my teeth and have my bath. After my hygiene, I took my neatly ironed uniform from my closet and put it on after applying my coconut oil on my body. I dressed up, took my bag and walked out to have breakfast.

Amara was already sitted with a smiling Nonso. Ever since he got back from the hospital yesterday, he has been in a very good mood. I sat down beside him while Aunt Agnes served us our food. We ate in silence to my surprise. I know Jane was going to be bored or maybe not. She could entertain herself besides she signed up for this.

We got to school in less than 30 minutes. We alighted from the car with my hands in Nonso's hands and we walked towards my class block while Amara went to the administrator's office, obviously to sign the time she came to school.

Most people seemed excited to come to school, students were hugging, some girls were squealing. When we got to my class, people were doing the same thing, I had to literally fake a smile for people that were calling my name and asking me why I didn't reply their messages on WhatsApp.

The day dragged by slowly. We were currently having our first class for the day, mathematics. The class was as boring as any other thing. We were currently doing logarithms and it wasn't my favorite topic but it was okay.

Immediately the bell for lunch break rang, everyone sighed in relief. It was obvious that we were all tired of the day already. Teachers kept giving us assignments, adding to our misery. Nonso went to the cafeteria with some of his friends while I went with Bukky and Uju.

Today being Monday, the cafeteria served Jollof rice. We all took our share and walked to our usual table to sit.

"This midterm was mad." Uju said, stressing the 'mad'. I nodded.

"So when is Jane going?" Bukky asked.

"This Friday or Saturday. She's not a serious human being. Besides she was given a lot of midterm assignments so she has to do them before going." They nodded.

"Hey guys. Can I sit here?" Uju groaned beside me. I looked up to see Zainab flashing her billion dollar smile.

"Sure." I muttered. Bukky was shifting uncomfortably beside me.

"Okay so I came to apologize for everything." Zainab paused and looked at us like she was waiting to see our reactions. When she didn't get anything, so continued. "I know I shouldn't have done anything with Jeremy Luchi. I'm so sorry. You were my best friend and I screwed it up. I hope we can still be friends though. I'll really like that." I rose my head to look at her and she looked pretty sincere to me. I nodded my head, I was dumbfounded.

She smiled, took her tray of food and left the table. Uju and Bukky sighed in relief as if on cue.

"She looked sincere to me though. Are you going to forgive her?" Uju asked, taking a spoonful of her jollof rice.

"Yeah yeah. I'm tired of holding this grudge. Besides she has Jeremy now. She can't do anything and it's over 5 months since it happened right? It's time to let go."

The table became quiet like they were thinking about what I said.

"If you forgive her, then we do too." Bukky said while Uju nodded.

The bell rang for the end of lunch break. The rest of the day was pretty good at least. After the closing bell rang, I heard a group of people shouting outside. I packed my bag and left the class with Nonso to see Jane at the middle of people. Some were hugging her while the others were literally killing her with gist.

When she saw me, she sighed in relief like she had been waiting for me to come out since. After spending about ten extra minutes for pleasantries, we all walked towards the gate while Jane kept rambling about how boring her day was and how she had to solve maths like it was a sin to.

The car ride home was fun. Jane used her phone to play some songs while we sang along even Nonso sang along. I guess he was happier now. We got home about twenty minutes later. I went to my room together with Jane.

"So gist me. What happened today? I know there was a little bit of drama." She said, crossing her legs like the madam she was.

"Nothing much happened oh. Believe it or not, today was pretty boring. Eh hen guess what." I said, while pulling my uniform.

"What happened? Don't keep me in suspense now!" Jane did her nose in some type of way and I chuckled.

"So you still do that stuff with your nose. Amazing."

"Yeah yeah. So what happened now! You're wasting time."

"Fine. Zainab apologized to me today." I stopped to check her reaction. Her face looked like she was shocked and her lips were parted like an 'o'. "Say something now and stop acting nonsense drama." I said, rolling my eyes.

"That's strange oh. The Zainab I know doesn't apologize oh. She doesn't at all but I think you should forgive her though besides you have Nonso now." I nodded.

After I had undressed, I walked to the bathroom to have my bath and prepare for dinner. After my bath, I wore a black joggers and black hoodie then I took my dirty uniform to the laundry room. By the time I got downstairs, dinner wasn't ready yet so I stayed in the parlor with Jane while she watched my flatmates.

After dinner, I went to my room to do my assignments and read a little bit. Jane sat down on my bed reading a novel she must have taken from my mom's library. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

"I wish I can come for you guy's annual dance. I know it'll make sense this year. I trust Zainab and her plenty shakara." I smiled and turned to face her.

Coral High School's annual dance is like the biggest event of the year. We usually choose a king and queen. The dance was to come in three weeks time. Since it won't be taken place in school, it was obviously going to be better than last year's own.

"You're always wishing. We still have next year's own to attend. I just hope by then, your mom would have agreed to let you stay in CHS for your senior year." I said, facing my book. I was attempting the chemistry assignment we were given.

"I swear. Me too. I really miss CHS. It'll be so nice. My current school is as boring as anything. They don't indulge in all these activities that CHS does. The social prefect is a very boring person so I'm not even surprised." She literally whined in clear annoyance.

"Just pray your mom agrees." With that, we stopped talking and I went back to my assignment.

The rest of the week was the same with teachers angrily giving us assignments with the excuse that we are almost in an exam class. Zainab was very busy with the preparations for the school dance but her minions helped her with her assignments so she was not slacking in anything.

Friday came quickly and Jane's mom had already booked her flight back to Abuja. Her flight was booked for 10. We spent the previous night talking and laughing like that was going to be the last time we will see each other. She followed the driver to drop us at school. I walked into the school gate knowing I won't see her till probably the new year.

Hi guys
So I uploaded two chapters today. Yaaay! First time I'm doing this because I don't know when I'll upload again and I have like 4 chapters remaining.

So how was this chapter? Are you sad that Jane is gone? Don't worry I'll bring her again in one more chapter. She still has an important role.

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. Please don't forget to vote and comment too. Thanks guys. And please if the chapters are too short please bear with me. I hardly have time to update and when I do I try to make it at least 1k words. And I actually updated again today because my book clocked 700+ views so I wanted to update to celebrate.

So I'll see you guys when I see you.

Much love,
Amber❤️