Chapter 12: Finn Mikealson

"COMFORTABLE SILENCE IS SO OVER RATED"

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon slammed the door open, utterly furious. Stefan had dared snap his neck, dared go behind his back, and all for what? To put Elena in as much danger as she could get in, right in the Originals' den. His younger brother had gone mad, truly. Although Elena had revealed that all she did was meet with Klaus's wife, it still bothered him to no end that the two had gone behind his back, disrespecting all his warnings.

"It is done."

He snapped out of his momentary rage, confused, before he realized that Esther Mikaelson was speaking to him. Admittedly, he had almost forgotten she was staying at their house for the moment, so intense was his anger.

"What?" He walked closer, tossing his suit jacket carelessly onto the leather couch.

Esther traced her finger over a rolled up bit of parchment lying next to the sage she had kept burning. "When my children drank during the toast at the party, they ingested the drop of Elena's blood you provided. All I need now is for my eldest son to take his leave from his siblings to come here and provide me with his blood to complete the link. When that is done, they will all be linked as one-apart from Audrea of course, but we shan't worry about that for now-and so when one goes, they all go."

"What?" The question came from the entrance to the house this time, where Elena and Stefan stood, having returned soon after Damon had. Damon shot the two of them a disgruntled look, still miffed about their actions, but kept his attention on Esther.

Elena made her way into the living room, eyes fixated on Damon. "I didn't...I thought we were getting rid of Klaus...not..."

Esther clearly hadn't expected for Elena to be made aware of the linking part of her plan, since Damon and Stefan had only revealed that she was helping them kill Klaus, but took it all in stride. She seemed to understand Elena's reservations and said in a placating tone, "When I turned them to protect them from werewolves...I had not expected...in no time at all, they began to feed on human blood and ravaged the town with no remorse. Eventually, Niklaus turned against me. So you see, it is of import that he not be made aware of my existence. It could result in...catastrophic consequences. I love my family, Elena, but they are an abomination. I betrayed nature when I created them...it's my duty to kill them."

Elena's expression was stunned, and Damon could practically see her conscience battling with itself. He narrowed his eyes.

"My eldest son spiked the drinks with the drop of blood you so graciously provided, Elena," Esther continued. "By the end of the night, they will be linked as one."