4

~nothing safe is worth the drive~

{read author's note at the end}

I would be lying if I said that it didn't feel good to have my feet back on the ground. I wasn't scared of flying but nevertheless, I liked to stand on solid ground without the fear or falling and dying.

As soon as I stepped off the plane, I tried calling Sophie, my roommate. She had promised she'd pick me up from the airport when I landed. I had met Sophie over the internet and we had become great friends in a short time but I'd never actually met her in real life. At first she didn't up so I tried calling again and she finally picked up on the third ring.

"Madison?", I heard Sophie say over the phone, "Did you make it?"

"Yeah, but where are you? You promised me you'd be here to pick me up", I answered as I pulled the Hem of my t-shirt.

"You said you'd be here by 1 AM but it's already 4 in the morning. José left an hour ago and now I don't have anyone else who can drive me to the airport and I don't have a car of my own. Can't you just get a cab instead? I'm really really sorry, Madison", she sighed at the other end of the line.

"I think- I think I can manage, Sophie. Thanks anyways", I replied and hung up disappointedly, stuffing my phone back into my jeans pocket.

Darn it! Of course the plane was late and now I had to look for a cab. I sighed before looking around, taking in my surroundings.

It was chillingly cold for October with a few clouds overhead. The airport was like most airports that I'd been to except the noticeable fact that most of the people had a British accent.

I was still looking around when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turned around to be faced with Harry, standing with his phone in his hand.

"Sorry if I was a bit scary back in the plane", he said, gesturing towards the plane in the distance.

"It's OK, it was my mistake after all", I replied as I hugged myself. I really wished I had brought a jacket along with me because it felt way too cold to wear only a t-shirt and jeans.

"You look lost, everything alright?", Harry asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Let's just say that I don't have a ride and have to get a cab. Also, I have no idea where the universe is and I don't have any data so Uber or the GPS aren't of any use to me either", I felt like I was ranting but I just couldn't help it, once I started talking I forgot how to stop.

"Is that so, darling?", He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me, "I could drop you off, my chauffeur knows the entire city like the back of his hand".

I almost said yes but then stopped myself to reconsider what I would be getting myself into. I just met this man on the plane and knew nothing about him but felt like I did know him but that didn't make me feel any better. Wouldn't it be a stupid move if I agreed? But then again, I had never met Sophie either but I could say I trusted her enough and come to think of it, even a cab driver would be a stranger.

"Er... no, I think I'll just get a cab. Thank you for offering though", I said to him and turned on my heel to walk away.

"That's alright, darling. See you later", he replied as he waved his hand jovially.

I walked away from the murmur and sound of talking on the airport and stopped by the first cab I saw. I looked through the window and saw a man in his mid thirties sleeping with his feet on the steering wheel. I knocked on the window to wake him up. He slowly opened his eyes, yawned and rolled the window down.

"Where to?", He questioned, still half sleepy.

"University of Greenwich", I replied hopefully, my fingers crossed.

"Don't know where that is", he said with a certain finalty in his voice and rolled the window up again before laying back against the seat and dozing off once more.

I sighed and walked over to another cab that was parked right behind the first one.

A man who looked like he was homeless sat behind the wheel, dotily staring at me. I saw him holding a bottle of cheap wine in his hand and swayed lightly. I looked at him distastefully and he lowered the window.

"Hop in the back, love. Take yeh places yehve never bin 'fore", he said as his head swayed slightly. He smelt like stale wine and rotten cabbages.

I scrunched my nose in disgust and walked away from the cab. I didn't want to be dropped off by a homeless drunkard at any rate.

I spotted another cab but before I got the chance to even walk over, two women got in and the engine revved up, leaving me in the cold of the night.

What was I to do? I guessed I would have to call Sophie and ask her to text me the address and then walk the entire way. I walked to and fro as I tried to call her but she didn't pick up. I bet she was asleep.

Suddenly a car honked at me, bathing me in the light from it's headlights. It was a white Porsche with black tinted windows. The door at the back opened and Harry stepped out.

"You know, the offer is still up, darling", he said as he gave me a cheeky smile.

I'd be mad if I turned him down after all that happened already so I nodded and stepped in as he held the door open for me to enter and and then stepped in himself behind me.

================================
HELLO, it's been ages since I last updated but here ya go! Also, this is unedited so feel free to correct mistakes if I made any. Hope you liked this chapter, but I'm even more excited for the NEXT chapter (Great, now I'm creating suspense like Taylor Swift at the VMAs).

AND OUR BABY IS FINALLY 25, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

I LOVE HIM SO SO MUCH!

K gotta go, peace out - M