02

"Shh, Yeon, come on bub," you tried to calm the boy down as he kept hysterically crying in your lap.

The two of you were sat in the backseat of the luxurious SUV that had pulled up to the Kims' less-than-luxurious house that morning. The whole ordeal of saying goodbye to the Kims, having yours and Yeonwoo's luggage taken by the driver, and then attempting to get used to the idea of having a driver was already overwhelming.

As soon as the car had left the Kims' small neighborhood, Yeonwoo could sense that something was off and hadn't stopped crying yet. He had a momentary reprieve for approximately forty-seven seconds before it came back even louder and more heart-wrenching than before. The driver glanced at you in the rearview mirror, and that was when you could smell it.

"Pull over," you requested, shifting to grab the diaper bag you had with you.

"I have orders to take you directly to Mr. Kim's condo." The driver replied simply, continuing on down the busy streets.

"Okay, guess I'll change his diaper on these nice leather seats."

"I'll find somewhere to pull over!" He said, frantically looking around as a triumphant smirk came to your face.

☆  

Arriving at the apartment building you were informed to be your home for the near future, you took in a short breath of awe. It was a skyscraper, the tallest building you'd ever seen, windows glinting against the brilliant blue sky and slightly greyish clouds. To your surprise, the driver continued past the front door, where you had expected to get off at, instead pulling around the small parking garage hidden behind the building.

"So you don't get caught up in the mess," the driver explained cheerfully, and you remembered seeing a few people standing out front, but it didn't seem to be anything remarkable to you.

"What do you mean?" You queried softly, unbuckling Yeonwoo from his carseat as gently as you could. He had fallen asleep almost as soon as you had changed his diaper, and you wanted him to rest for as long as possible.

"Mr. Kim doesn't want you or Yeonwoo to be seen by the reporters." He explained as you climbed out with Yeonwoo in your arms.

He grabbed most of the bags, and you slung the diaper bag onto your shoulder before taking your own suitcase from him. When it looked like he was about to complain, you gave a nonchalant reply, "It rolls anyway."

The driver relented, leading you towards the backdoor, and pulling out a keycard to scan against a box near the doors. They unlocked, and he gestured you into the building. He then used his keycard at the elevator as well. The doors opened with a light bing! and the three of you stepped on. The noise from the elevator car arriving had woken Yeonwoo up, and he looked around at everything suspiciously, wide awake.

"You'll get your own card soon enough, for access to the building," the man assured you, pressing the button for the top floor. Did Jungwoo really live in the penthouse of this building?

Yeonwoo let out a few distressed babbles as the elevator started going up, and you grinned widely at him, saying in an excited and reassuring voice, "Isn't this cool, Yeonnie? Your first ride in an elevator!"

This relaxed him, and he instead looked around in wonder rather than fear. The elevator stopped right before the top level, and the driver then input a short code, prompting the car to go up to the final level.

"You'll also get your own code, for access to Mr. Kim's residency."

"Wow." You were impressed by the security not only for the building but for the elevator, and then the extra level for just Jungwoo's floor.