One

Lance pushed open the doors to the dining room, most of his friends sat around the table. Pidge was the only one who wasn't there. He knew she most likely went to bed an hour ago. Lance had to get that kid on a sleep schedule.

     He walked over to the empty seat next to Keith and plopped down throwing his body against Keith. Lance rested his head on Keith's shoulder and waited for the good morning forehead kiss. Lance realized Keith wouldn't do it because everyone was sitting at the table. He'd have to wait until later. he sighed and grabbed his boyfriend's free hand.

     Lance squeezed his hand tight before lifting it to his lips leaving a gentle kiss on the top of his hand. Lance looked up to watch a soft blush spread over his cheeks. Lance couldn't help his smile, "I love you, Keith."

     Keith grunted and put more goo into his mouth, but Lance felt Keith tighten his grip and rub his thumb over the skin. This was his public version of 'I love you'.

     "You two are gross," Hunk said from across the table.

     "Hush, you love me," Lance said.

     Lance stood on the bridge leaning on the wall next to the door. He had the best view on the bridge of his friends. He was so thankful for the newest chapter of his life. They were his new family. Keith was alone on the other side of the room, Pidge and Hunk were talking about a new invention, and Shiro and Allura were having a quiet argument. Watching them made him so happy that he decided to stick it out. He had the perfect boyfriend, his friends became family, and they made him so much happier than he was.

     He glanced around to check and see if anyone was watching him before pulling up his sleeve up. He rubbed his fingers over the raised scars. He doesn't feel guilty anymore. Keith made him realize He had nothing to feel ashamed of.

     He pulled his sleeve back down and smiled, "I'm proud of you," he whispered to himself. He looked over to Keith to see him smiling at him from across the room. Lance smiled back and blew him a kiss.

     "Guys, we found a Galra Cruiser," Shiro said grabbing everyone's attention.

     Lance felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, He had a very bad feeling about this. He hoped no one would get hurt.