Seven.

Grab your tissues. 💔

December 17th, 1995

December 17th, 1995

Replaying the terrible conversation between Tupac and herself, Janet realized she was toxic. She already suffered from self-esteem issues, and the argument between the ex-couple it was confirmation. She decided to give Tupac some space, so she headed back to her temporary home. The analog clock read 11:36AM, realizing Ms. Afeni hadn't been downstairs. Usually she's the first person up, cleaning and praying before starting the day off.

Sighing while going upstairs, she grazed her hand over her small pudge. Knocking a couple of times on Ms. Afeni's bedroom door, there was no response.

"Mama?" She opened the door to see her peacefully sleeping in her bed. Janet went to her bedside and gently tapped her. No response. She became worried, and she vigorously shook her. Still - no response. Janet tried to find a pulse, and there was none.

"TUPAC!" Janet yelled through the house. He ran to the direction of Janet's voice, and he noticed the tears in Janet's brown eyes. He was confused, and then realized his mother's ear had blood inside. She had died from a brain aneurysm, causing Tupac to wake up.

"I'll call 911." In Tupac's mind he knew it was too late, but in his heart he had hopes in her surviving. Tears formed and he hugged his mother's lifeless body. The sobs were uncontrollable, which made Tupac realize that life was really short. Six months ago, his grandmother was killed. Now the queen of his life, who raised him was gone for good.

The EMT and police came into Ms. Afeni's room with a black body bag. A wave of nausea came over Janet, which caused her to vomit stomach bile. The pregnancy was killing her physically, and she couldn't wait to come out of her first trimester.

Washing her hands in the bathroom, she felt like her life was over. Her second mother who loved her unconditionally was dead and there was no coming back. She wished that she would've been in that room with her. Maybe none of this would've happened. Clouded by her many thoughts, Janet didn't realize that Ms. Afeni's body was being carried in the body bag downstairs.

Whatever Tupac and Janet talked about was out the window. She wanted to be there for him, just like he was there when her best friend died. Walking to the top of the mahogany wood staircase, she saw Tupac's head in his head sobbing. In her years of knowing Tupac, she never witnessed him being this emotional. Losing a parent was something Janet couldn't imagine.

"No matter how many times I've hurt you in the past, I still love you

"No matter how many times I've hurt you in the past, I still love you. I know I'm the last person you want to speak to and I understand that, but just know you're not going to be alone. Mama raised an incredible son who loves his family and friends. Even me, when I didn't deserve your love." Standing up to head downstairs, she was grabbed by her wrist.

Soft sniffles came from Tupac as he gently kissed Janet. He genuinely missed her, and their love that they shared. He was in a vulnerable headspace, but their terrible discussion made him feel guilty. For a moment he forgot that Janet was pregnant, and didn't want her to be stressed.

"I'm sorry, J. Earlier this morning, I couldn't help but to think about our conversation. You're nowhere near selfish and all those things I've said, I wish I could take it back. Janet, you are really someone special and I was a dumb ass to not see how worthy you are. I'm more than willing to raise your son or daughter with you. He or she is going to need a father figure in their life. I love you." Pouring out his feelings made Janet crack a smile.

"I love you so much, Pac. So much that I'm willing to be in a committed relationship with you, again. We're really inseparable, aren't we?"

One thing Tupac loved about Janet was that she added comic relief into sad situations. She was really a rock for him and he was blessed to have her in his life.

"I'd love that, and you." Kissing her forehead, Janet smiled.

•••

•••

I didn't proofread this, 😭 so sad that mama Afeni is gone 💔