Chapter 1

"The first time I ever went to a bar, I went with my mother."  I said as Gaby bitch about her overbearing parents. Come on the girl is 16 and she is mad because her parents don't let her go to the bar with me.

        "Oh... and the first time I went to the bar I was 19" I continued.

        "Yeah Emily but you still look like you're 14, and I don't!" She smiled triumphantly while she said it. Not a good idea to bring up the subject, specially  when she was trying to convince me to talk to her mom about going to the bar. Yes sometime I got confused with  with a high schooler, but it was mostly only on look, when I open my mouth I  sure don't sound like one(or thats what I think). Unlike Gaby that had the body of a grow women and well her mind wasn't the brightest.

  Gaby's family and mine live in the same street for over 16 years, until they move. I was one of her best friend for a long time and at some point dated Alex her older brother, that was my age, until they move. Her mother adore me, Alex was hothead and I was pretty level, I help in keeping him out of trouble. Something that her little sister shared with him. It was a miracle to know that the college I would be attending was only a few minutes away from them. After graduation I moved in with them for a while, until I got a job and a apartment of my own. The apartment was still close by to Gaby that she would stay over every few days and I would take the bus to eat dinner and take home a few leftover to my apartment.   

        "Anyway I turn 17 in a few weeks, and you know I can handle it"  Gaby was saying, not the best defence considering that the last time I took her to a late night concert she got into a pretty big argument with a drunk as fuck girl. Her brother had to drag her away and I was left to deal with the problem. 

        "Look Gabriela, you're not going ok!" Her brother was pretty upset last time, and it took a hell of a lot of time for him to chill out about that. Alex was pretty protective about his little sister, and that night we had a pretty big fight. So I wasn't about to risk my the already weak friendship we had over this.

        The thing about telling your best friend she can go with you to the bar is that she get pretty pist at you. So after getting back from the bar, very sober and tired I decided that I needed to smoke. So at 2 am. I go to the small balcony that my small apartment has and light a marlboro.  After a few puffs I notice him, a man climbing the fire escape stairs of mine and my neighbors apartment. Of course I do the dumbest thing and instead of calling the cops I call Gabriela, and her being annoyed at me does not answer.

         "Fuck!" I say and  I regretted immediately because know the eye of the man are on me. And you should know that I was surprised that the person climbing into my neighbor's house was my neighbor. 

        "Fuck" is all my neighbor say when he sees me.

        When I said I went to my balcony I might have been exaggerating. What I really meant was that I climb out the window that lead to the fire escape stairs. I don't exaggerate when I said that my neighbor climb the stairs like he won American Ninja Warrior. In a few second he is standing next to me.

        "Scare you?" he said a little out of breath. I don't know much about my neighbor, beside his name Jake Sullivan. I knew this was not the first time he did this climb in the middle of the night to his room. This would have been acceptable if he was in high school. But we were both college kids. Goddamn grow adults who lived on their own and did not need to ask permission from mommy to go out.

        I know that he like fighting either that or a hell of a lot of people don't like him. I deduce that when every week he would came with a face full of bruises and cuts.  And I also know that he was cocky bastard.