Chapter 7

"Aphenza...Why are you looking at me like that." We looked at each for a moment before she sighed.

"I only saved you because of that Leylia, It's you. You're the descendant."

She seemed like she was upset by her own actions when she told me this. Although what was I a descendant of? I couldn't be anything like what she's saying, I'm not from here. It's only been a couple of days in this place and it already is making my head hurt. Everything is different. Magic is apparently real. Although I don't know if I believe any of this, it irks me in a way I don't understand. Almost like I should understand, like I need to understand.

"Wait...I'm more confused now." I looked down at my feet that were only covered by the thin shoes given to me by Aphenza. I was angry, although not at her. She didn't do anything wrong to me, she saved me, even if it was for a ridiculous reason like that. No, the reason I was angry was that I feel ridiculous myself. Everything she explained to me, is the reason why these people are avoiding me. It's because I'm different, well according to them I am at least.

"You're the last of your faction Leylia... and It'll probably stay that way..." She was mumbling at this point so I couldn't hear her properly. That and the fact that the voices outside of the kitchen in the Banquet hall were raising quite quickly, one voice in particular.

She must've noticed my concern for the noise outside because Aphenza spoke up. "Its the head of the house, he's probably irritated because the royal family has yet to arrive. Taking it out on a servant I suppose."

"Oh...I see." I continued to listen to them though, something didn't seem right. It didn't feel like he was talking to just a servant.

straining my ears to hear their conversation Aphenza watched my struggle with a small bit of amusement until she opened the kitchen door a bit to let me hear better.

"Thank you..." I whispered to her before I looked unto the scene before me.

Trust me, I knew I was being nosy. It just really didn't matter to me at this point. I felt like I needed to do this, like it was something that was necessary for something bigger to happen.

My eyes were once again met with the beauty of the banquet hall, the pearl white and gold surrounding the entirety of the room still catching my attention every time I laid eyes upon it. That wasn't the only thing that caught my eyes though, there were two men standing right beside the dining table. Well, how to explain this, let's just say they were definitely fighting. Also, almost positive the second man, was in fact not a servant.

The older man whom I guessed was the head of the house stood tall and looked almost as if he were trying to intimidate the young man. The young man wasn't Intimidated though, you could tell by the way his posture was eased into his stance. It seemed like the older man was the one doing the yelling, and the younger one was just standing there and taking the verbal abuse.

Then I heard it. The conversation made a way to my ears finally and I started listening.

"You ungrateful thing!" The older mans screeching was quite easy to hear now.

"Go and change those clothes, comb your hair and then you may come back. This is their annual visit, you're not able to look so unpresentable when you are to meet the royals." He continued on.

"Please..." The older man seemed to be calming down, and almost looked at the younger man with his eyes now pleading him.

"Just this once, just meet her once. I promise I won't force the marriage if you don't actually like her..." The older man was definitely pleading his hands now clasped together almost praying to the younger man.