Chapter 20

Chapter 20

(Sandra)

I was sitting at my desk looking at surveillance videos the day of the girls accident. Since no one died no one cares about the case. But a woman might never walk again and my sister was caught in the middle of it. Only thing we can tell about the driver is that it's a woman. I feel like there's something going on or someone knows something and I'm not being told. There's still evidence like the license plate on the truck and things like that but no one seems to care. I don't even think Cheryl is a suspect. She seems a little unstable but not enough to try and kill someone. I decided to check into her alibi for that night. She kept changing her story but I had hunch about something. I got the security footage that night from behind her club. She first told us she was working that day but when her boss said she was off. I think she meant prostitution and I was right. She was sucking dick in the alley behind her club. He then paid her and the time she was giving head was the time of the accident. I then dug a little deeper and I found out Cheri was lying about staying in her office. After she met up with this dude they left. I looked into him and he just happened to be a truck driver and drove the same truck that matched the one that hit my sister and Vanessa. I matched the license plate and they were the same. After gathering up all my evidence I told my boss about my findings. He told me let it go and Cheri is a respected district attorney. I walked out of his office angry and then I decided not too. I told Angie about what I was going to do and she said she understood but I might lose my job. It was worth the risk. I went back into his office secretly recording him telling me not to arrest someone because of their job. I then marched down to the office with other officers and I arrested her anyways. I then found Cheryl and I arrested her for prostitution. I then went ahead and took the information to the mayor office and explained how the police department and district attorney office was covering up an attempted manslaughter case just because the women was a respected attorney. I explained how they were putting the blame on someone else that wasn't involved in the crime. I would have acted the same way weather it was my sister or not. By the afternoon it was all over the news and people were losing their jobs that was involved in the cover up. I returned to the station to see the police commissioner. I thought he would yell at me but instead he was proud of me for doing what I did. I got promoted to captain and the award ceremony coming up would make it official.

Author Message

Thanks for reading everyone and hope you enjoyed the chapter and enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment and stay tuned everyone