Chapter 2: Gaming and Drowning

Ben's death was over a month ago. Did you care? No. Not anymore. About a week ago you developed a liking to video games. Specifically, the Legend of Zelda series. Heh, Ben must've rubbed off on you a bit, eh?

You were on a stroll through town, looking for a game or two or maybe ten. There weren't much that caught your attention other than Super Paper Mario, Dead Space, Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. With your games in a plastic bag, you decided to go to the EB GAMES just a few blocks from your house. But you stopped when you saw a yard sale on a grandpa's lawn. Who's grandpa was it again? The closer you got, the more you remembered. Oh yeah! It was Ben's grandpa! You looked at the assortment of stuffed animals, little action figures, and a few other games. Obviously some of Ben's stuff. However, you saw a Nintendo 64 game, which reminded you that the N64 you bought on eBay should be arriving in a day.

The game had the label ripped off and had the word "MAJORA" written in black permanent marker. It looked odd, but you picked it up and checked it out. It seemed like it was in good shape. You bought it from the old man, along with a piggy bank. You decided to check out EB GAMES tomorrow and to just crash at home and try out your new games.

* * * * *

"OH COME ON NAOMI! YOU CAN RUN FASTER THAN THAT PURPLE PERSON MIST THING!" You turned off the PSP after Corpse Party began to frustrate you. It was really late now. You've been playing games for four hours already. It was now ten pm. Time to hit the hay. You changed into your (colour) pyjamas and slipped into bed. It took a while for you to get a bit of sleep because you kept thinking those necromorphes from Dead Space would pop out of your closet. But you managed to fall asleep. However, you had a nightmare.

You were very cold. There was nothing but darkness and blue surrounding you. Water. You were sinking in water. You couldn't move at all, only embrace the water. You then saw someone from above looking into the water. It was a boy around sixteen years old. His hair was blonde and his eyes were blue. His skin was bluish, like a dead body. He then plunged into the water with a loud splash. He let his breath go and his body go limp. It was Ben. After a while, his eyes shot open, but they were black with piercing red irises. He grew a wicked grin as he began to dive and swim faster towards you. Your body still wouldn't move. Once his face was close to yours, his teeth grew razor sharp as he suddenly faded away. Yet you were still sinking deeper and deeper. Suddenly, black hands sprung up from the darkness below and grabbed you by the face, hair, waist, legs,wrists, and arms. They then dragged you down to the darkness in the blink of an eye, you screaming as bubbles left your mouth. You then heard a demented laugh as you were engulfed by the abyss below.

SMASH!!!!

Your eyes shot open as you heard the shattering of glass. You turned on the lights and saw that the piggy bank you bought had been knocked over. It was shattered into a million pieces, but amongst the shards, was a folded piece of paper. You picked it up, careful not to cut yourself, and unfolded it.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"