03

Daniel's pov

I opened my eyes but immediately closed them cause it was way too bright. It means it's already morning and I was laying here on the floor the whole night in my own blood. I also coughed up blood which is not the best view. My entire body was in pain, especially my throat and stomach. This reminded me of what happened yesterday.
Ben probably left after I passed out. Maybe he was so drunk that he actually thought that he killed me.

When I wanted to stand up I felt a horrible pain in my stomach so I looked at it and I saw a big bloody spot on my shirt. I lifted it up and there was a huge cut which was still bleeding. He had a knife? I haven't seen it. But obviously he had.

'uhh...huh....oh my..' when I was finally able to stand up somehow, I went to the bathroom to take care of my wounds.

I was kind of afraid to look into the mirror but I did it and what I saw, got me in tears. I had a big monocle under my left eye, dry blood everywhere and big purple spots on my neck.

I carefully washed my face then took the aid kit and cleaned my wounds. The worst was the one on my stomach cause it was still bleeding a little bit. But I have to figure out how to make it stop or something cause I can't go to the hospital. They would call the police and Ben would kill me. This time for real. I also can't call Jonah even if I want to, cause it would lead to the same thing.

Wait...ugh no I just realized that it's Monday and I should be at work now. I can't go there like this. I don't know what to do and it makes me anxious.

I should stay home today but I can't really miss a day at work. My face is not gonna be better for tomorrow either so whatever. And I don't have anything to cover these things with. My boss is gonna kill me too and Jonah...oh yeah he's gonna ask me a lot of questions. I don't wanna lie to him but I don't think I'm ready to tell him the truth about my brother cause I know he would call the police which I don't want to. And he can't help me in any other ways either so I have to deal with it by myself.

............

When I was finally done with cleaning my wounds I started with cleaning the floor in my room cause it was covered with my blood.

Jonah's pov

I slept maybe 2 hours. I can't get that weird feeling and Daniel out of my mind.

It's 7A.M. currently so I have to get ready cause I start at 8A.M. in the coffee shop. And Daniel too. It's gonna be a little awkward for both of us after what happened yesterday. I mean if he really knows that I have a crush on him. I'm pretty sure it's the reason why he left me. I don't know if I should apologize or ask him again what is going on with him. I'm confused. But whatever. We will see.

In 20 minutes I was completely ready to leave the house so I locked the front door and started to walk to the coffee shop which is 3 blocks away from my house.

When I arrived it was 7.48A.M. so Daniel is probably here back in the storage. I stepped into the storage but Daniel wasn't there. Just Ryan, the 3rd waiter, and that surprised me. He's always here at 7.40 or max 7.45A.M.. This reminded me of that feeling again.

'Maybe something really happened to him ' I thought. 'I have to go and find out.'

I told Ryan that I forgot something at home so I'll be right back. I ran out of the coffee shop and headed to Daniel's house which is also 3 blocks away but in the other direction.

Once I got there I rang the bell and waited for somebody to open the door for me.

After almost 5 minutes of silence I rang the bell again plus knocked on the door loudly and shouted:

"Daniel! It's me, Jonah!" and waited.

Suddenly I could hear steps and then somebody opened the door. The view shocked me.

Daniel's pov

I was still in my room cleaning up the blood from the floor when I heard the bell ring. I know it's Jonah. No one else would come here at 8.17A.M.. Also I don't have any other friends so yeah. It's definitely him.
My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell again. Then I heard his voice:

"Daniel! It's me, Jonah!"

'Yeah I know it's you.' I took a deep breath and went to open the front door for him.

'It's time...to tell him the truth....it's gonna be painful.'

I walked down the stairs slowly cause my whole body was in horrible pain. When I reached the door I opened it while tears where streaming down on my cheeks. I was not able to look at him like this.