Ch. 40

STB Chapter 40: Do Your Best

A groan came from the corner of the studio.

Jian Hua heard the sound, and he used his ability, making sure that the potential ability holder has not yet fully awakened since the fluctuations of power is very weak.

The dead man who appeared in the studio should be this man’s companion.

Thinking of the terrible wounds on the corpse, this person may have also suffered from monster attacks, covered with scars, and maybe even struggling between life and death.

Jian Hua hesitated. He has no medicine, nor is he a doctor. Even in the past, he can’t save anyone.

The eyeful of mushrooms makes the veins on Jian Hua’s forehead throb. He’s afraid that the mushrooms will drag the person over to “present tribute”. In the end, Jian Hua still decided to go to that corner to see.

The height of the studio is eight meters high, and the mushrooms’ wanton growth made the flat ground into undulating “hills”.

Climbing up the “steep slope”, what appeared before Jian Hua is a deep hole deliberately formed by the mushrooms. Inside are a group of long-armed monkeys, some are already dead while some are still screaming and struggling, just in slow motion. The winding white threads are like shackles.

Jian Hua’s mood is difficult to describe in words.

He’s like walking on top of a dungeon, or a prison cell where prisoners are trapped by “walls”. Only the top has no mushroom, like a large net of white threads. Through a grid of white threads that acted like a wired fence, you can see things inside……those dying Abandoned World creatures that gradually lost their lives.

This is no dungeon, but the execution ground, a coffin for the living.

There are only weak whinings that reached the ear past the white fence.

——You are the villain in the last book.

——You want to control the world.

The ridiculous words reappear in his mind. With the power to destroy, Jian Hua felt that he could not breathe for a moment. Everything is being drawn away, appearing distorted, ridiculous, and blurred.

Jian Hua subconsciously looked at Li Fei. The latter casually swept aside the white threads that flew to his shoulder, looked around and not smiling, but there is no fear in his expression.

He somehow felt that something is wrong with Jian Hua. Li Fei turned his head, pointing to the corner of the “mushroom dungeon”, “There’s a person over there.”

He was close enough to smell Li Fei’s familiar scent, and there is also a stabilizing force that held his own arm.

“What’s wrong?” The voice penetrates his confused barrier, exceptionally clear.

Jian Hua, like grabbing a piece of driftwood, turned his hand over to catch Li Fei’s palm. The warm body temperature through skin contact went straight to his heart, dispelling the cold discomfort brought about by the strange scenes and screaming.

Jian Hua heard his own heartbeat again, and the sound of his heavy breathing.

“I don’t want this ability.” Jian Hua’s voice is feeble, but the tone is unyielding.

The group of mushrooms suddenly stopped moving.

The growth and spread are halted. The pits everywhere no longer shook. The long-armed monkey took the opportunity to struggle, and their howling increased several times, they also tried to destroy the mushroom threads that trapped them.