Not all promises can be kept (Ryder's story) 2

The limo ride was horrific, people attacked and were killed, blood splattered everywhere, and even I who has killed before had to looked away. If I wasn't watching people getting killed or dragged from their houses I was being watched by everyone no one trusting a green and blue eye child. Everyone knew that whoever had two different colored eyes were supposed to be stronger than any normal child. Problems arise as soon as we stopped at the third house. Girls were coming into the limos now, it's not that I don't believe their strong enough to take care of themselves, but every girl I known so far in my life I always wanted to protect and never lay a hand on them, unless it was a play fight.

"Your so hot" a slut of a girl said as she leaned on me.

"Please leave me alone" I begged. I was like most teenager boys and liked girls but one of us had to die eventually and it wasn't going to be me for her.

"Ryder?" One of the men in black asked when we stopped again.

"What?" I asked looking at him and as soon as our eyes met he looked down. It seemed my eyes intimidated everyone.

The guy started talking incoherently and then another man came threw a bracelet at me and point a gun at me. "Put it on now" without taking my eyes off the guy I grabbed the bracelet and put it on, instantly I felt weaker. When I tried to take it off it tighten. The guys smiled and I glared at them.

"Don't worry when a contest comes up will take it off and you'll have all you power" They then slammed the door and we were all covered in the dark.

"You must be one strong dude" a guy said and after pausing to look at me he continued "Normally they don't bracelet anyone"

I just nodded in the dark not knowing if the guy could see me or not and not caring either way. The rest of the ride was quiet, as if everyone could feel my mood and didn't want my hostility to be brought upon them. There were no more stops after the whole bracelet ordeal for about an hour. Then there was a sharp stop and everyone flew forward except me. The door flew open and light flooded into the limo all the other contestants squinted and cowered away. "OUT!" yelled the voices of the men in black. I got up and stepped out of the limo. The other limos were parked around and their was a huge staircase that led to the porch of a mansion, a lot of people were gathering around from the other limos all having three men in black on them, if that wasn't enough their were hundreds were standing around us rather to help their comrades. The Queen stood on the porch, and she could have been the kingdom holder but she didn't want to die and then everything being in havoc. I followed the rest of the crowd, five guys in black following me.

"This place is huge" I mumbled under my breath, which means something since my house is really big.

"Welcome one and all to my wonderful home" the Queen said her voice carrying with little or no effort on her part. "You'll be happy to hear that your first challenge will be in a few days, so you have time to relax and get to know people, maybe even form allies. Also the first challenge is alone one so you won't have to kill one another" Some people left out sighs of relief, others laugh to release the tension, they were all stupid. This was just a way to hurt us all, so they'd become friends and then have to kill their friends, it what pleasured this horrible world. I learned never to trust whatever the kingdom says, they always lie, so that challenge might be tonight or it might not be alone, something she said was a lie. Her eyes landed on me, maybe she knew who I was (which wouldn't be hard since I was the only one with different eyes and fives guys) or maybe she just knew I was trouble since I didn't believe what she said. She gave me a small smile and then I knew it pained her to know all these children would die.

"Have free run of my house now" she said and walked away into her house. The guards didn't let us through until they were certain the Queen got to wherever she wanted to be. The head guard stood on the porch with a megaphone, not having the Queen's natural ability to talk loudly. "Go in and there will be a table, stand in a neat line and we'll give you your room number." Everyone rushed in when the guards stepped aside, I was one of the last not wanting to get hurt before a real contest. It didn't take long for everyone to get their number. I found mine in less than half a hour, and when I got in I was glad I had a single bed, meaning no room mate. I collapsed on my bed after locking my door and setting up a trap for anyone who did manage to unlock it. Then I fell asleep, staying in my clothes worried that at any moment they'd decide to spring a contest on us.