bucky rogers [angst]

"Here I am waking up
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup
The lipstick stain fades with time
If I can dream long enough
You'd tell me I'd be just fine
I'll be just fine"
--- ghost of you 5sos

[ Trigger warnings ]

heartbreak
depression
flashbacks/ PTSD
more heartbreak
blood/death
angsty

[ Songs I would recommend
listening too while reading: ]

https://open.spotify.com/user/21r3vz7dulst7uli7cvu2p63a/playlist/7ACJM3Ykus3qEBMT9iJ4om?si=BKmOV957Qq6Pc46CF6EE0g

[ word count ]

1320

▪▪▪

Bucky Rogers

a loving and caring individual. A boy who risked everything, for everyone else. A boy who didn't give up, and who kept standing when everyone else doubted him. A boy started up the avengers again. A hero

You sir are just like Bucky Rogers !

▪▪▪

    It was a simple Friday night, Bucky and his father were eating dinner together in the living room watching the news when the glass shattered, Bucky was the first to respond by jumping up from his spot on the couch and grabbing the gun that was set on the coffee table. Props of being a superhero.

But it was too late, the sound of a gunshot was heard in repeat... maybe one or two rounds before he could even blindly shoot. Even now, after months Bucky couldn't really remember what happened. All he knew was... it changed his life forever.

.

"DAD! NO DAD! PLEASE! PLEASE DAD!  DADDY! DAD! SOMEONE HELP! DAD!" Bucky shouted, his hands shaking violently as he watched his father's lifeless body fall to the ground in front of him.

Bucky automatically felt his heart drop into his stomach, and he felt like he was going to be sick. He dropped to his knees next to Steve, and placed his trembling hands over the wound, his face pale and his eyes bloodshot. "Dad..." he whispered trying to find his voice. "Please dont leave me here alone... dad I need you." He cried holding onto his form tightly. "Daddy please don't leave me. Dad please." He sobbed into his father's chest.

When the officials came, they had to get three men to pull Bucky off of his lifeless father, and it wasn't an easy job.

As the weeks passed Bucky became more... closed off and personal. He threw himself into every single mission there was at the avengers, despite nick fury telling him to take a week or two. Get his life together.

He started to ignore his friends, obsessed with this idea in his head that he could find and save Nick Barnes. Of course that didn't work out.

But the worse part of it all was with Rubi. He needed her. But of course he messed up. He pushed her away, and then got mad when she didn't agree with him. He just needed something to go right, he needed Nick to be okay. And when she said that she didn't agree it felt like she didn't care about him, or his happiness.