Girl's Day

*Harper*

Half an hour after I hung up, I hear tires roll up my driveway. The engine turns off and I hear the gravel crunch under someone's feet.

Half a minute later, I hear my front door open.

"Hey girl," Brit greets as she walks into my living room.

"Hey," I greet back as I crease the page of my book and stretch my legs out.

"How are you?" She asks cautiously as she takes a seat on the couch beside me.

"I've been better," I reply honestly as I sit up straighter on the couch and readjust my blanket.

"I get it. Oh, I have a couple things for you. One requires you to get dressed," Brit informs me as she digs around in her purse.

"Do I have to?" I whine as I kick my blanket off at the same time Brit throws a piece of paper at me as well as a lanyard.

"The fuck is this?" I ask surprised as I pick up the paper.

"No. Fucking. Way," I think to myself as I look at the Brantley Gilbert concert ticket in my hand.

I pick up the lanyard and look at my friend who's wearing a shit-eating grin. I look at the lanyard and see a back stage pass hanging at the end of it.

"Oh my fucking God! Brit you didn't have to do this for me," I exclaim as I throw my arms around my best friend.

"Sure I did. And I got myself one as well, so we're going to the Brantley Gilbert concert in a couple months," Brit says as she hugs me back.

"Now I remember why we're best friends. So what's the other thing we're doing?" I inquire as I release her from our embrace.

"I'm taking you shopping dumbass. You need a new concert outfit," She responds.

"My clothes are just fine," I retort, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your twelve year old flannel and ripped jeans are not gonna cut it," Brit responds, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Fine. Whatever you say," I reply in defeat and drag my feet to my bedroom.

Just out of spite, I pull on my twelve year old flannel and ripped jeans. I pick my black UGGs to go with my outfit and run a brush though my unruly hair. Nodding at my reflection, I saunter out of my room to the waiting Brit.

She takes one look at me and shakes her head. She dismisses me with a shake of her head and walks out he door. I run to catch up with her.

"Oh, sweet. You brought your truck!" I say excitedly, skipping up to the black jacked up Ford F250 parked in my drive.

"Duh. What else am I gonna drive since my car's in the garage?" She askes.

"Old Glory's in the garage again?" I say casually.

"Yeah, but I think this is the end of her," she admits,  a hint of defeat and sadness in her voice.

She fires the beast up and tears out of my drive, and I settle in for the drive.

For the first half of the half hour drive, I think about the elephant in the room.

"What am I gonna do about Jasper?" I mumble to myself as I play with the diamond on my left hand.

"Maybe you don't have to do anything about it," Brit states, obviously hearing me.

"What do you mean?" I ask,  a bad feeling lodging in my gut.