Chapter 19- Daniel (Edited)

"So, do we walk from here?" I asked after David parked the car in an old abandoned parking spot. I stayed in the car and watched as the others got out, feeling rather nervous about going to the place that held my dagger.

I had no idea if the people there were alive, and I didn't want to find out. I didn't want to know if I had parents or if they had been murdered like I had thought for all of these years. I was nervous that they wouldn't want me with the past that I had in doing whatever it took for me to survive.

The door opened from the outside, and Eira looked in. Concern filled those of hers, and I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty for causing her to be worried about me. "Yes, we have to walk," she said. She studied me, and I could see this understanding in her eyes as if she knew how I was feeling.

"Do we have to?" I asked, trying to stall. "I mean, we could try to drive the car to the old shack or whatever building it is disguised like, or we could go a different way and try to drive that way. Or-"

"Are you nervous about having to face the people that live there?" Eira asked, causing me to close my mouth and look down. "Is that why you are trying to stall?"

I took a deep breath and hesitated, not knowing if I should tell her. I kept my mouth shut and looked at her, making sure that she couldn't see the fear that I was feeling. I knew that she wouldn't think poorly of me just because I was afraid, but that didn't stop the fear and doubt from taking over.

"Daniel," Eira said, softly. "You know that I won't judge you if you are or not. Are you nervous?"

Finally, after a moment's hesitation, I nodded my head. "Yes," I said, finally, not knowing what she was doing to me. I furrowed my brows and cleared my throat. "I... am nervous that they will not accept me because I haven't lived there my whole life."

Eira smiled and nodded her head. She held her hand causing me to stare at it. "I was the same way," she said, finally, still holding out her hand. "I was nervous that they wouldn't accept me even though I had been there for ten years."

"And..?" I asked, looking at her and before looking at her. "Did they accept you when you came back?"

She nodded her head, smiling. "Yes," she replied. "They had accepted me back faster than I thought they would. I am sure that they will accept you."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I was nervous that they wouldn't accept me, but I trusted Eira. If she said that they would accept me, then I knew that they were going to. They had to, didn't they?

"Not to rub your ego or anything, but they are going to have to accept you anyway," Eira said. "I mean you are the only one that can do this stuff at a much larger scale." She shrugged her shoulder. "They can do some magic, but not as much as we can." She paused and studied me. "Do you trust me?" she asked. "If so, trust me that you aren't going to be rejected by them. They'll accept you."

I hesitated but nodded my head. "Ok," I said, putting my hand in hers. "I trust you. Let's do this."

Eira smiled and nodded her head. "Ok," she said. "Let's do this." She pulled me out of the car and shut the car door behind me. She looked at David. "We're ready," she said.

David nodded his head. "Let's go."

And with that, we started to walk towards the place where I was to get my dagger with my hand still in Eira's.

🔥🔥🔥

"You're going to have to let go of my hand now," Eira said when made it to the shack. "You're going to have to go in first by yourself, and then we have to follow you."

"Wait, what?" I asked, not really wanting to let go of her hand. I had no idea if she had feelings for me, but she was able to make it that I was calm and ready to do this.

"You're going to have to go in first by yourself," Eira replied. "So, that means you're going to have to let go of my hand."

"It's been a while since we had stepped foot on Ranock," David said. "Eira had never stepped foot on it. She never had a reason for it."

Eira nodded her head and offered me a small smile. She was just as nervous as me, I could tell. "I will be right behind you," she promised. "And then Laura, David, and then Ralph."

"Wh-" He stopped talking when she gave him a look and scowled before nodding his head. "I'll be right behind David," he grumbled. "Even though I don't like it."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "What do I do?" I asked, not even knowing what I needed to do to get there.

"Just open the door," David replied. "And walk in. You might want to close your eyes, first, however, before you walk in. You will feel as if you are moving too fast even if you aren't."

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. "Alright," I said, letting go of Eira's hand. "Anything else?"

"Wait for us before you do anything," she replied. She offered me a small smile. "Good luck."

I nodded my head, again and cleared my throat. "Thanks," I said, sounding rather doubtful. I went to the door and took another deep breath in before letting it out. I grabbed the doorknob, doubting it would turn but it did and opened, giving out this eerie creak.

Hesitantly, I looked back at them to see that they were watching me.

Eira offered me a smile and nodded her head, encouraging me to step through.

I offered her a small smile and looked at the entryway. I did not see anything, but I trusted that they wouldn't have helped me through everything just to kill me. I just needed to trust them, which was still hard for me to do.

Still, I took a step through the door and closed my eyes, praying that I wouldn't get killed.