stressed ⇒ kim namjoon

namjoon sat in his chair, his eyes glued to the colors and lines and words on his computer screen. his eyes ache. his entire head is throbbing from a massive headache that won't go away. he knows he's losing focus, but he can't. he has to finish this project. it has to be done. with a heavy sigh, his gaze finally leave the screen. namjoon closes his eyes, give him a sense of relief. he places his face in his hands. he reminds himself that it's okay to take a break. it's okay to stop what you're doing and rest your mind and body.

namjoon's mind wanders away from the music. his thoughts go to the amount of stress he's feeling, how heavy his body felt in the chair, how his head pounded after a simple thought about music, how he wanted nothing more than to just take a break and go home, go home to you.

he knows.

namjoon knows that you're just as stressed as he is. your job was killing you slowly. it was a medium-sized business, the place you worked at. not too big, not too small, not to popular, not to invisible. however, recently, people had been taking advantage of you. the company had a big project coming up, and you had a part in it. but you being the kind person you were, people would ask you to help or take over for their part, and you would not say no. all this work has led you to staying long hours at the office, neglecting your own health. you've hid it as best as you could, but namjoon was all too familiar with the signs of stress. namjoon missed you dearly. you and him haven't been seeing each other lately due to jobs and work. and he was worried about you.

suddenly, there was a knock on the door. the rapped jumped slightly, not expecting any visitors to his studio so late at night. namjoon lifted his face up and spun around in his chair, just as the door of his studio opened. namjoon immediately felt a wave of relief as soon as he saw you walk into the studio.

he smiled tiredly before standing up. you approached him, and he could see just how exhausted you looked. he pulled you into a gentle hug. both you and him sighed in each other's embraces.

you pulled away, looking up at namjoon's face. you had a smile but it dropped. namjoon stared you, as you studied his face. "joon," you mumbled softly.

"i know." he paused, "i just have this project that needs to get done, but it's taking longer than i was hoping."

you nodded. "well, let's go home."

"i have to finish this..." namjoon tried to say.

you shook your head and grabbed his hand. "no." you said firmly. "we're going home and we're going to sleep."

namjoon looked at you, and couldn't help but smile. the thought of sleeping right next to you in a bed, it was easily convincing. namjoon turned and saved all his progress and turned off his computer. he made sure he had everything before taking your hand, and leading the way out of his studio.