23

It all started back in high school. Minho was only a junior at the time and the end of the year was approaching quickly. He never liked to say he was a bad student. No, his grades were amazing.. at least some were. His English class was the only class holding him back from having perfect grades and boy did he want straight A's.

Chan and Seungmin being the only ones Minho knew who were fluent in English tried their hardest to help him understand more and raise his grade. It was hopeless though. No matter how many notes he took, no matter how many times he read over them, no matter how many days/hours Chan and Seungmin took to teach him, he just couldn't grasp it.

Until he showed up.
A foreign exchange student from America. Chan had the honor of showing the new kid around. Taking him under his wing and introducing him to his friends.  He and Minho clicked almost immediately. Chan liked to say he could see the sparks flying the moment their eyes met.

His name was Mark.
He joined the foreign exchange program to get away from his life back home. He never thought in a million years he would end up all the way in Korea. Knowing very little Korean was a struggle and it was one of his down falls until he and Minho agreed to help each other.

Minho's simple knowledge of English and Mark's simple Korean helped them teach each other and also was the start of their relationship. Chan used to think they were one of the strongest couples he'd ever seen. They lasted together through the rest of high school. (Minho passing his English class finally) and continued dating and building a life together.

It wasn't until Minho showed up on Seungmin's door step in the middle of the night, beaten and out of breath, that Seungmin knew his assumptions were correct. He never trusted Mark. He could tell things were happening behind closed doors that Minho refused to speak of.

It had been going on since high school. It started off small very minuscule, stuff that at the time Minho wouldn't exactly call abuse. He'd bump into Minho's shoulder after a fight, but he would always tell himself "he was just trying to walk past me" that happened a couple times until it became more than just bumping shoulders. It became more physical, more painful, and more intense. Until it became too much for Minho to handle himself.

He didn't mean to snoop, but of course curiosity killed the cat. Minho had a sneaking suspicion Mark had been cheating for quite sometime, but he could never catch him. Until he left his phone behind one day while he went to the store. Minho was quick to discover the texts between Mark and a girl. Very flirtatious texts, dirty texts, and I love you texts.

Minho didn't expect Mark to come come bursting into their bedroom looking for his phone. The slightly younger was caught red handed with the phone in his hands. "What the fuck are you doing?!" He yelled while ripping the phone from Minho's hand.

He stood up quickly "y-you're cheating" he said with tears streaming down his face. "I told you not to touch my fucking stuff!" He yelled before slapping the smaller boy. Minho cried harder which only angered the other man more.

He hit and kicked Minho multiple times until his phone started ringing "you're fucking lucky" he said before answering his phone and walking out of the house. Minho laid on the ground crying and bleeding for a few minutes until he willed himself to get up.

He slowly walked to Seungmin's house and thanked god his younger friend lived so close by. He was in excruciating pain. Every step he took felt like red hot needles were being shoved into his body all at once. Finally he stood in front of Seungmin's door. He leaned against it and groaned loudly before bringing his fist up to knock.

Seungmin opened the door and gasped loudly as Minho fell into his arms unconscious. "Hyung! What the fuck!" He yelled while dragging the older in and running to his room to call an ambulance and Chan.

Author: hi! Thanks to the people who are actually reading this