Just a Nightmare

" It's just a nightmare, It's just a nightmare, It's just a nightmare, It's just a nightma-"

"Oh, for merlin's sake, shut the bloody hell up Malfoy." Weasley spat the blonde's last name like venom, but he was still flushed by the display of affection his future self and Zabini were showing. Zabini wasn't any better, he was practically dying in the corner. Granger and Parkinson were chatting like they had been friends for years, their reason being that if that was the future, might as well get to know each other now. They definitely did not do it because they liked each other for years. Definitely. Potter was most likely having a silent panic attack rocking back and forth hugging his knees in the corner across from Zabini, and Malfoy had positively lost it. 

The younger boys were taking this terribly, while the girls just got closer than they needed to while talking about the charms essay. Pansy and Hermione were delighted that their younger selves were taking this so well. It was when Potter's slow sliding from the wall onto the floor finally got his head on the floor, Draco decided they really should calm them down. Draco walked towards his younger self, and held out his wrist. Malfoy was extremely confused, but then noticed something.

That wrist had scratch marks on it, that wrist was the failed attempt to get something off, a mark off. But there was nothing, not even a dot of black.

"H-how? How did you-It's not possible. Even Voldemort couldn't do it-how did you?" The students visibly flinched at the name, but the adults stayed calm, with a bit of a sad smile. Draco flashed a kind smile at his younger self.

"Voldemort was powerful, but he was extremely dependent on magic. I mean come on, Harry was a baby, why not just throw him out the window?" Draco grinned a bit at the comment, the adults laughed while Harry didn't seem to find it the least bit amusing. "But back to the point, no matter how powerful magic is, feelings can be stronger. It was feelings that makes us do what we do, feelings that made you and Potter enemies, and feelings that made us come together again. Voldemort had feelings, everyone does. But he didn't have love, and love is the most strongest feeling someone can have. Love can make some one sad, happy, angry, anything. so I'm sure you can guess who helped me." Malfoy gaped at his future self's wrist.

"P-potter, did that?" Malfoy pointed at Draco's wrist, Draco nodded, still smiling. Malfoy stared down at his own mark, Potter sat up, the girls stopped chatting, Weasley and Zabini were no longer flushed. They all focused on the conversation infront of them. "He tried every spell possible, stayed up all night trying to find something. Not because he was ashamed of it, but because he knew it brought back painful memories for me. The day he proposed, that act of love made it disappear for good." It was quiet for a few seconds.

"The same happened for me and Pansy, the second our lovers said yes, yes to make the biggest promise of love someone can make. The mark, not recognising the feeling from it's maker, knew it couldn't stay. It was like a weight was lifted, and now, we're happier than we've ever been." Blaise broke the silence, and let it take place again when he was done.

For a few minutes it was so silent you could hear a needle drop, until a portal opened and a boy that looked like similar to Harry, older than the other children stepped in.

"Fathers, aunts, and uncles." He nodded to everyone in the room. "We have a problem, we have found a spell, which is why I'm here. But, too many people going in the portal can cause it to collapse, and doing the spell more than once will drain a lot of energy. The others will be trying to fix the problem, I will be staying here with you all. To, make sure you don't step out of line."

"But, Albus, shouldn't you be with them trying to figure out the spell? You are the oldest and most responsible." Hermione reasoned.

"I was sent here along with Nicholas, I'm not sure where he is but. We decided we would need three people to watch all of you, but taking me, they decided that I could handle what two could. I had no say in this whatsoever."

"But why do you guys have to watch us? We are adults."

"We know, and you are perfectly capable of taking care of yourselves. However, we are here to stop the Public Display of Affection." It was then that Nicholas stepped out the portal, leaving it to close behind him. " Finally. Where were you?" Albus questioned.

"I got a bit lost, there was two open portals, so I had to check both." The red head explained.

"Two portals?"

"Yeah! With our parents again but like, first years."

"That's, different."

"You tell me, seeing your dad reject that hand shake has got to be the most horrible memory I can ever encounter again. I always thought the enemy talk wasn't true, they are like the most lovey doves couple, EVER. But I see now it's true, and I didn't think that seeing them want to hex each other was going to be worse then seeing them trade pet names."

"We're right here." Nicholas shot the couple a sorry smile. The younger trios were clearly panicking all over again, they had to stay with their future selves, who happened to be married to someone they didn't even want to come in contact with( obviously that was a lie.). scratch that, the boys were panicking, the girls were just ecstatic that they were going to learn more about their future selves. The younger boys were all as pale as they could be, Weasley was chewing his nails, Zabini was playing with his hands, Potter was continuously running his hand through his hair, and Malfoy's face was covered by his hands.

Their future selves, who were married to their worst enemy, and had to have their children here to stop their public display of affection, was going to be staying for who knows how long.

This just had to be a nightmare.

Authors note:

Heyyyyyy, i hope you enjoyed this chaptered, because i sure enjoyed writing it. I'm trying to keep everyone in character, but i don't know if i'm succeeding. thank you soooo, much for actually clicking and reading this. it won't be a very long fic, i think a few more chapters and it should be completed. But who knows, i have no idea where the story is going, i'm just letting the writing guide me!

byyyyyyyyyeeee!!!