𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠↴

Warnings: Cursing. Brief mention of Troy being gross and creepy. More cursing. TRIGGER WARNING FOR ANXIETY/PANIC ATTACKS OR FEELINGS OF BEING OVERWHELMED OR STRESSED.

 TRIGGER WARNING FOR ANXIETY/PANIC ATTACKS OR FEELINGS OF BEING OVERWHELMED OR STRESSED

What the hell?

How the hell did everything go wrong so quickly? Everything that could have gone wrong this week, has gone wrong. At first, it began with the little things; you spilled your drink all over your favorite jacket this morning, Troy and his minion wouldn't stop leering at you in Social Studies. Which of course made you so uncomfortable that you couldn't focus on the lesson and now, somehow it had all snowballed and you were behind in a handful of classes in the efforts to catch up. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the teacher opened her mouth.

"The tests have been graded. To say I'm disappointed would be the biggest understatement of the year."

'Yeah, you can say that again.'

The dreaded clicks of her wedged shoes as she made her way down the isles of desks, handing back every test with a pointed look and a disappointed 'hmpf'. You couldn't handle the wait much longer. You studied so hard for that test. You spent countless late nights hunched over your desk at home and squinting, retaining every word on on the textbook, so many hours went into worrying about this test.

'At least a C. At least a C. Please God, let it at least be a C.' You closed your eyes and said a silent prayer to yourself, however the drinking feeling in your gut said otherwise.

You peeked you eyes open when you realized the clicking of her shoes had stopped and you felt a looming presence over you. You looked up to Mrs. Ratliff sheepishly, bracing yourself. The look she cast down at you was nothing short of soul crushing. Her eyes bore into your own from the end of her nose, her chin up in disgust. Barely looking at you she dropped the paper in front of you before moving on to her next victim.

D minus.

Hours upon hours of studying and you got a D minus. Absentmindedly, your hands curled into fists and your blood began to boil.

'Why the hell was it so hard for me? What is wrong with me? I try twice as hard as everyone and it's all for nothing!'

You decided that you would talk to her. She had to understand. She had to. Right?

***

"Mrs. Ratliff." Class had ended and seeing as you had a bus to catch you had to try and make this quick.

No response. She only continued writing at her desk in silent concentration.

You cleared your throat.