Two Months Time Skip

"Agent Barton Jr and Agent Coulson report to Director Fury's office." She lowered her fist and wiped small droplets of sweat off of her forehead. The only thing to do around the Helicarrier was train- at least for field agents. Of course there were times she had to train but she usually started and ended hours before/after what was mandatory. She unwrapped her hands as she walked out, cleaning off any dry blood from her knuckles before chucking away the fabric. Fury's office door was already open when she got there, Coulson was already inside.  Fury didn't bother wasting time, starting to talk as soon as she walked in, "Loki has stolen the tesseract, Agent Barton Sr and Doctor Selvig has been compromised. I talked to the council and convinced them to reopen the Avengers Initiative." Dad's been compromised. She let the news settle in for a moment before snapping into her 'work mode'. Fury continued, "Coulson I want you to pull Romanoff out of her mission, have her bring in Banner; Barton you're going to Stark Tower, one way or another I want Stark on this Helicarrier; I'll be bringing in the Captain. You have an hour."

~~~

Tony Stark landed on the balcony of his tower, just as JARVIS announced, "Sir, Agent Barton of SHIELD is on the line." 

She could hear the annoyance in his voice as he spoke from behind the Iron Man helmet, "I'm not in- I'm actually out." 

Mor rolled her eyes and gave another message to the system, listening for his response. "Sir, I'm afraid she is insisting."

"Close the line JARVIS, I have a date." 

Mor rolled her eyes, he seriously underestimates me. She heard Tony and Pepper start flirting and cringed, doubting if hacking JARVIS so early was a good idea. She gagged a little and overwrote JARVIS' protocols, not bothering to hide her tracks. "Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten." 

As soon as she was in she started to speak, "Stark we need to talk." 

He picked up the phone, putting on an emotionless face as he spoke, "You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message." 

She glared at him, her tone cold, "This is urgent." 

He smirked at her through the phone, mischief in his eyes, "Then leave it urgently." She swiped something on the screen of her phone and the elevator doors slid open. 

He sighed, "Security breach." He turned to Pepper, "That's on you." 

Pepper got up and walked over with a bright smile, "Come in!" 

She rolled her eyes slightly as she shook Pepper's hand, "I already came in- lovely to meet you Miss Potts, Coulson tells me you're the more rational one of the two." 

Tony glared at her, somehow managing to give her a fake smile at the same time, "Can I help you Miss?" 

She held up the file/Ipad in her left hand, meeting his glare with one of her own, "I need you to look over this, and it is Agent- Anthony- not 'miss', take care to remember that." 

She could tell Pepper was struggling not to laugh, her biological father simply glared at the file in her hand, "I don't like to be handed things." 

Pepper swallowed her laughter and traded her glass of champagne for the tablet, "That's okay, I love to be handed things." Once Tony had the device he flipped it open and walked away. 

Pepper gave her a curios look, "Is this about The Avengers?" She realized her mistake, "Which I...I know nothing about." 

Tony looked over his shoulder at them, "I thought that idea was scrapped. And apparently I didn't qualify." 

She gave him a bittersweet smile, "You still don't, but personality traits are being overlooked- our current issue is too important." 

Pepper glanced at Tony, "Give me a moment." 

They talked quietly in between each other for a moment, before a hologram appeared around them- showing videos from all the Avengers files.

Pepper gasped, "I will be getting on that plane to DC tonight, you have a lot of homework to do." The next few moments Mor decided to not remember.

~~~

She sat on the edge of her bed, staring at the grey wall. Playing with the phone in her hands, she sighed. There was a soft knock on her door, "Come in!" 

Steve poked his head in and gave her a sad smile before moving to squat down in front of her, "We'll get him back." 

She raised an eyebrow, shaking her head slightly, "You don't know that, Steve." There was a small pause, "I heard you've met Coulson." 

Steve gave her a mock glare, the corner of his mouth twitching up slightly, "Apparently he was there when I was taken out of the ice." 

She nodded and smirked, knowing how badly the agent must've worded it by the awkwardness in Steve's voice, "Dr Banner should be here soon, we should go meet him."

~~~

They watched as Natasha and Bruce walked down the ramp, gentle winds blowing the strong smell of sea salt towards them. Nat glanced at Bruce as they approached the pair, "This is Captain Rogers and Agent Barton, they are apart of the Avengers initiative." 

Mor nodded at them, before looking up at Steve, "Agent Romanoff- master assassin, Bruce Banner- expert in Gamma Radiation and the Hulk, he will be locating the Tesseract for us along with Stark if he shows up." Steve nodded and smiled at them as they stopped in front of them. 

Mor shook Bruce's hand, "Pleasure to finally meet you, Doctor." 

They all turned to Nat when she started to talk, a small smirk on her face, "There was quite a buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" Steve's eyes widened and you could hear him choke on his spit slightly. 

He looked down at Mor, alarmed, "Trading cards?" 

Mor giggled and nodded, thinking about the box of cards the agent took everywhere, "They're vintage, he's very proud." 

Nat looked between them and Mor looked over her shoulder, seeing people chaining the jets to the hangar's floor, "Gentlemen, you may wanna step inside a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe." The girls started to walk inside as the floor began to shake. 

Steve called over to them, "Is this a submarine?"

Bruce frowned, "Really? They wanted me in a submerged pressurized metal container?" The rotors lifted out of the water and he shook his head, "Oh, no. This is much worse."