portfolio pt.1

You're majoring in photography in University and you are trying to complete your portfolio to apply. Timothée is just beginning his acting career and needs headshots. (Doesn't make complete sense but suspend your disbelief).

***

"Argh!" you shouted out followed by a slew of quiet and quick curse words to yourself.

"What is going on in there?!" 

Your roommate had shouted from the other side of the door. You'd locked them out to complete your last photos for your portfolio. You had been trying to find the perfect shot for days wasting god knows how much space on your digital camera to get the perfect photo of yourself, seeing as you had run out of close friends, family members and coworkers who were willing to be free models for your photo shoots. 

"I just can't find the shot," you explained rubbing your temples in an attempt to soothe the oncoming migraine. You had expected yourself to be the perfect model for yourself. You were both the director and the directed for Christ's sake. Despite this, with each shutter of the camera you grew more and more frustrated with the outcome. Your face that you thought you were so familiar with was becoming an object to direct your rage towards. 

"God, can I please come back in? Maybe it's an off day." Your roomie pleaded from the other side of the door. You dragged your feet on the way to the door and unlocked it to reveal them. They shot you a sympathetic look. They knew how important it was for you to get this done and how numbered your days were.

How many off days can a girl have?

You thought to yourself, but brushed of the thought quickly. No time to be discouraged, there was work to do. 

"Maybe you need some inspiration!" Your roommate said excitedly whilst helping you take down your lights and backdrop and shove them under your bed in a much too chaotic fashion for the price. You gave them a scolding look, but smiled at their words.

"You're right, all this stress is probably bogging me down," I replied, I had a habit of allowing my creativity to be dwindled by stress.

"Let's go see something creative and get your juices flowing!" Your roommate exclaimed, grabbing your hands excitedly.  You cringed at them and they shot you a glare,

"Not like that pervert,"

You laughed loudly but ultimately agreed

"I know they're putting on a play tonight, maybe that will get me in the creative headspace," you said out loud, speaking more to yourself then them.

"Oh hell yeah! And afterwards we can go to the theatre kids dorms and drink our asses off!" She chuckled

You and your roommate laughed loudly as you threw yourselves on your bed opening your laptop to register some seats. 

The show was almost completely sold out, with only about 5 seats left scattered about the place. In an odd stroke of luck, you found two seats were next to each other that were fairly close to the front. You booked them for yourself and your roommate and printed off the playbill.

You scanned the cast for names you knew

Tom... Dick... Susan...

your eyes landed on one particular name towards the centre, it's spelling drawing your focus

"Timothée.." you said quietly, the name made you smile softly.

You had seen his name on many of the theatre posters around campus in the last few years and you were pretty sure you'd had a class or two with him before, but never been formally introduced.