INTRO

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

❝ We both grew up, but be honest, did we ever truly change? ❞

Merritt Themelis was, to put it simply, a problem child. There were more than enough stories from her various schools about what she had done, most of which couldn't be proven but everyone knew it was her, and she wasn't exactly rushing to correct any of the rumors. But as clever of a girl as she was—it was the clever ones that people had to look out for, it was the clever ones that did the most damage—patience could only last so long, and Merritt was nearing the end of the line.

She had one last chance to redeem herself, enrolled in the last boarding school in the country with the strict instructions to fix her act, lest she be sent overseas to have a school fix her act for her; it seemed that a school for troubled girls wasn't only in the movies like she had thought. But Merritt wasn't fazed, sauntering into the school with one goal in mind: to go out with a bang.

But it soon became clear that her magnum opus wouldn't be committed on her own, Merritt finding herself an unlikely ally in her straight laced withdrawn roommate, Hope van Dyne. Together, they were Hope and Merritt, a force to be reckoned with amongst the hallowed halls, protecting their fellow classmates and enacting justice upon those whom the system overlooked. A warped Robin Hood duo, they floated amongst the shining stars, endless and unstoppable.

Then eighteen years later, Merritt was doing well for herself. The PA and PR for a chemical company based in Washington, she seemed to have mellowed out. In control of not only her life, but of others', she was living the dream, happy with her friends-with-benefits relationship with her best friend and company secretary, and absolute lack of communication with her family, there was nothing more that she could ask for, at least nothing that wasn't material.

But when Hope van Dyne appeared out of the blue asking for her help, Merritt realized that there was only so much change a person could go through before winding up in the exact same place.

○ ○ ○

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓

madeline petsch as young!merritt themelis

❝ major offense, but I'm going to get straight A's and ruin this place ❞