be with you.

eight years had passed.

eight long fcking years.

but he didn't find you.

no trace of you where left.

it's like, you vanished into thin air.

it felt like you didn't even existed.

eight years had passed, y/n.

"where are you?," siyoung whispered as he looked out at the view outside his condominium.

in-front of him lay numerous crumpled papers, some were even laying face front and the scribbled lyrics where visible. even though the ac was off, everything still felt cold to him. everything felt empty. so monochrome.

he sighed as he sat back down.

everyday was all the same.

nothing had changed.

everything was cold. he felt empty. colorless.

his life?

meaningless.

after you left in that one fateful night, he never had seen you again.

he tried looking for you.

everyday, everynight.

every single moment.

he had become a famous rapper; become rich.

he became everything he had long wished for.

but he still wasn't satisfied.

he didn't fulfill his long term dream.

and that dream? is to be with you.

"its hopeless" was what his friend, dong-rim had once said to him.

he shook his head and forced out a weak smile.

"no its not. as long as it was for her, i won't give up."

a sigh escape his lips as he brushed some of the papers off of the table.

his eyes momentarily gazing at some of the lyrics until he finally saw what he was looking for.

salty tears started brimming at the corner of his eyes as he took it up and inspect it more close.

that smile. those eyes.

he fucking missed you very much.

same with the kids.

he glided his fingers along the photo, caressing it; holding it so dearly as if his life depends on it.

it was the only remembrance that the two of you, with the kids had.

that one, old family picture.

taken, eight years ago.

***

"yeoboseyo? ah jooyoung, any news?" he flipped the pages of the book he was reading as he waited for the latter's reply. he put down the cup of coffee on his hand as he gave a glance at the trainees in front of him.

they reminded him of what he once was.

a hopeless dreamer.

"news? if seeing y/n and the kids today at a mall, would you call it news?" he almost spit out the coffee in his mouth as the man from the other line replied. dong-rim looked up at him, eyebrow raised.

"i gotta go," he mouthed at his friend before grabbing his coat and making a run for it.

the n.o mercy trainees stared at the running man, before looking at dong-rim.