Chapter 3: Violet Eyes

I was running so hard and so fast I saw the world fly by. Who knew that wolves could run so fast? I didn't. My wolf finds a stream and lies down to take a drink and rest. We've been running for 7 straight hours. We had made sure this wasn't marked ground, seeing as how we're now a rouge.
We're a rogue by force, not by choice.
I know that, Moon, but we'll still look like one...
Eventually! Not now, Shadow. That will take years! The ones we met were rogues for a long time. You're only 10, too. You're not even meant to be a wolf yet.
True...

...

*6 and a half years later*

...

I feel the wind fly through my fur and howl in my ears. The trees are dancing to the breeze. I throw my head back and howl at the top of my lungs. I've never felt so alive, so free. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. I trip over a tree root and stumble to the ground.
Ahhhh!
You're so dramatic, Shadow.
I snort-laugh.
Haha. Very funny! The dumb tree almost killed me!
Good riddance.
You take that back Moon!
Nope.
I feel her presence leave my mind. She blocked me out. I sniff the tree root out.
You know these things should have caution signs. This is gonna actually get someone killed.
No reply. I'm used to it now. We were made to be pack animals, and well, me and Moon are pack-less. Not good for a wolf. She's getting more sad each day. I miss the old Moon, the fun Moon. I whimper.
I miss my family.
I turn my thoughts to other pressing matters, like what's my next meal? I hone in on heartbeats. I hear many on the North boarder of what I call "my territory". I'm only kidding myself, but hey, I've been here for about 7 years with no wolfie disruptions. I shoot off towards the northern part of the land. As soon as I reach there, I halt. My eyes grow wide and heartbeat races. No...no!
This can't be happening!
Moon pops back into reality.
What?
Wolves! A whole pack, too! They'll kill us, Moon. There's no where else to go! We're done for!
No, we're not. Go find the alpha and tell him this is your home.
You'll think he'll listen?
Probably not, but it's worth a shot.
How will I communicate? I can't mind link them, and I sure can't shift to speak as a human.
They'll see your eyes. They'll figure it out.
Just then, I hear howls. Warning howls. They know of my presence. I turn tail and flee. I'm not dying over some stupid land. I'll find more.
I dodge through the branches. I know this place better than I know myself. I quickly make it to the lake, but get surrounded. Shoot. I close my eyes, hard, and start praying to the moon goddess for my life. I hear bones crack. They're all shifting back to humans.
"Lone Wolf. Please, shift back and state your business on our land."
I shake my head no.
I feel two powerful auras. The Alpha, and the Alpha's son.
"And why not?"
I put my head lower to the ground, showing submission.
"Stand up, you mutt."
There! The Alpha is here. He's so close. Go tell him who's boss.
But I can't. I can't say anything. I can't even move. The last time I saw a male wolf in power he killed my brother and the other made me a rogue.
No! He'll hurt us like the others!
My wolf whines, but submits, she's just as scared as I am. Maybe even more so. I have experienced it, I know Alpha's hurt. And the second he knows who and what we are, we're as good as dead to him. He speaks again, harsher than before.
"Dad, I think the stupid thing is broken."
They all laugh, except the Alpha. I growl. That gets me a kick to the side.
"Shut up, mutt."
I do something that I regret after...I open my eyes.

...

(694 words)

I'm proud of this chapter. It's the beginning of a long, crazy story AND I LOVE IT! Sadly, you have a cliffhanger. I have a love hate relationship with them, but hey, it makes it interesting, right?
Well anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Hopefully the cliffhanger doesn't last long...cuz I know when I'm the reader I hate them, but as the author...muahahahaha.