one.

1.

"Violet, Darling, we're about to board one of the most important ships in the world and you're reading words from that book, it's not even worth the read, just put it away already"  I roll my eyes at my deluded mother as we board the S.S Dorame, one of the most high class, expensive ships to have ever sailed, first class only being for the wealthy and famous, who are able to afford the high maintenance styled life and lower class holding those who have saved money for years to get a room, for such a beautiful getaway, or won a trip to get here through work or something along those lines.

"Violet, sweetie. Smile, you're a lot prettier when you are" My father says throwing his bags, with a chuckle, at a man dressed in a suit, with a name badge, Carl, the man obviously works for the crew, my father cursing the poor man to grab the rest of our luggage and demands he take them to our suites immediately, obviously to make sure we don't loose our things, the crew member running away from my stern father as he straightens his tie and demands the headboard of the ship, my mother smiling longingly at him.

I send a smile at my father and mother, my older brother, Nick, stifling a laugh as he just watches the commotion of people boarding the ship, from kids as young as new borns to elderly people looking to be pushing their life limits,
"For a ship this size, I expected less people" Nick laughs, I suddenly begin to feel an overwhelming amount of anxiety build up in my stomach as I watch strangers walk onto the boat, I push my soft, newly washed brown hair over my shoulder, before beginning to stress over my dress, making sure my cream, sleeve laced dress doesn't look a mess.

"Stop fussing princess" my brother teases,

"I am a princess, it's not an insult" I comment,

"How can I forget your highness?" Nick fakes a bow in my direction,

"You're such a hoodlum sometimes" I roll my eyes playfully, my brother and I having this witty banter kind of relationship has always made our bickering more tolerable,

"Sorry Princess" Nick shakes his head, my family come from a long blood line of royalty, leading all the way back into the late 1800 years, making millions worth of dollars with their magical ideas of ruling and living beautifully cleanly cut lives, my great, great, and probably many more greats, great grandmother married into the kingdom running family, after a spontaneous secret love affair between herself and the prince, who later became my grandfather. Her being an 19 year old waitress upon this mighty vessel and him coming on board for business, just like my family this year for my fathers business.

The ship has been out of order for many years, being fixed and repaired, tidied making suitable for sailing the deep oceans again.
11 stories high, 915 feet long, 106 feet wide, the ship weighing close to 75,000 tons, holding all the things a person will need to be able to call a ship home, pools, spa's, comfortable suites, so I've been told, it's my first time upon the ship at the age of 17, dining halls, game rooms, play rooms and even just simple decks to relax and listen to a live band on, the luxurious boat holding up to 765 crew members and more than 2,000 passengers, assuming considering the ship only has 2,305 cabins on board.

My family and myself continue walking down the entry deck of the ship, Nick and I walking silently next to each other just taking in the loud parade of people, our parents strolling peacefully behind us talking about all the adventures they can't wait to experience here on the boat, I can't help but take a small interest in what my parents are saying as we enter the quiet area of the ship,