Oneshot

The sound of crunching echoaed softly throughout the silent forest as the chaste huntress strode along the path of gravel and leaves. 

"Ane-san!"

      From the trees above fell the rider of red with a loud thud. Recognizing the person from his voice alone, Atalanta didn't dare to look back. She continued to walk along, knowing that he would follow anyway. 

"You're not gonna tell me to not call you that anymore?" he questioned.

"No matter how many times i told you not to, you're not gonna stop anyway." she replied bluntly, knowing the outcome.

"Hehe..." he grinned happily and placed his arms behind his head as he walked right behind her.

      Silence then followed after. They walked for about 5 minutes with no spoken words. The silence wasn't pressuring or awkward; it was surprisingly peaceful, something that you'd actually enjoy. Achilles then began to speak up, wanting to fulfill the reason why he went to her in the first place; he didn't go to her just to hang around her like before; there was an aching thought that had always stuck to his mind after she recently revealed her wish.

"Ane-san..."

"..."

"You really love kids don't you?"

"Of course i do."

"How about you bear mine?"

      Atalanta stopped in her tracks and so did he. Her body went stiff and she didn't move an inch. Her head was slightly lowered. Afraid that he might have pulled the last string of her patience, he stepped back.

"..."

"Ane-san?"

      Curious, he walked towards her and stood right in front of her although unable to see her face properly. He felt slightly guilty for seeing her in this state, thinking that she was crying. He bent down to make eye contact with her and properly apologize but her hair was covering her face.

"Ane-san, I'm sorr-"

"I-impossible..." she mumbled.

"Eh?"

"THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE ACHILLES!"

      She turned to the side, face flushed from embarrassment. Confused, Achilles tilted his head. She then continued to mumble.

"Heroic spirits...bearing children..?!...Marriage...? kids...? Heroic spirits can't...bear children even after sexual intercourse..."

"Um...Ane-san...?"

 "If only i could..."

"If only you could what?" He made his voice slightly louder enough for her to hear. Startled, she jumped slightly. Awaiting for an answer, he drew his face closer to hers. 

"Is that a yes?" he said teasingly with a smirk on his face. She gasped and readied her bow and arrow in defense.

"GET AWAY FROM ME ACHILLES!!!"

      She then frustratedly shot light arrows from her bow in omnidirections, destroying her surroundings in the process. Luckily, Achilles was fast enough to dodge each arrow safely. 'I'll take that as a no' he thought to himself and waited for Atalanta to tire herself out. 

      Once she was done, her legs gave out. This was the first time she felt defeated by someone who was never even meant to fight her in the first place. Trying to shoot him for 30 minutes straight was one of the decisions she regretted. Doing this to a man with lightning speed sure is tiring, especially for an emotionally drained archer like her. Before her body hit the ground, Achilles caught her in his arms and held her as if she was as fragile as glass.

"Ane-san...Sorry..."

She shrugged her head. "It's fine... it's not your fault... And, my answer to your question would b-"

"No?"

"Yes."

"WHAT?! REALLY?!"

"If it was possible... Well, you are a good man and if you were to have a race with me, it's obvious that you'd win over me and we'd get married but... heroic spirits can't bear children..." she looked away sadly, both because she was embarrassed of what she was saying and because she was disappointed.

"Ane-san..."

She then faced him and looked him in the eye. The moon shone from his back, giving her a perfect view of him. Remembering the past, she gave him one of her genuine smiles, the smile he fell for as a kid and the rarest smile she showed him secretly in his youth. 

"You've grown a lot, Achilles...You used to be such a cute young boy... maybe that's why i can't bring myself to hate you." she said tiredly as she brought her hand to touch his cheek and fell into slumber. Achilles smiled back at her and looked up into the starry night sky. 

"Oh Chiron, why is she so cute...."

      So...That's it! Comment down below what you think! Hope ya liked it! Atalanta x Achilles is one of my favorite fate couples. They're just too cute and tragic. Sorry for the errors in writing. I think that you could tell that it was rushed hehe...