Chapter One; The beginning of a life infused with unforgettable torment.

I felt a hand brush past my own, and so I looked over. It was Laenaya, "I'm glad to see her, but what is she doing here? She could get herself killed!" I felt her smile over my shoulder, as my body leaned back to hers. A small flick of my head from left to right, brought my fringe out of my eyes. "Minato, I'm sorry about your brother, Iruka." Laenaya whispered softly. She dropped her gaze, and lent her head into my shoulder. "You weren't to blame for it, so relax." I reassured her softly. "You don't need to worry anyway, we're here together and I'm not going to let anything or anyone hurt you." I spoke hastily. She smiled against my shoulder, and I smiled back. "You're a darling." She pointed out.

I couldn't move because of her touch, I felt every breath she made, against my shoulders. It caused my body to tingle like it hadn't ever before, there was such a warmth in each breath she both inhaled and exhaled against the crook of my neck. My hand shuddered as it slipped into the palm of Laenaya's, our fingers intertwined seconds later, I felt a sudden breeze against my cheek, it left my fringe solid. We had moved to sit under the tree far to the left of the entrance to forest. The small, white snowflakes had begun to fall, the white crystals lay softly in our hair and amongst our clothes. I let my robe scuff against the rough, ground of debris.

Her body shuffled closer to mine, as I wrapped my robe around her body softly, I pulled her close to me. The warmth from both our bodies mixing into each other's body. The Celestial guards paced back and forth at the far right of the castle wall, by the time they looked over in our direction, we shuffled into the shadowed safety of the tree. "Looks like they're not here." One guard said to another. "We'll keep searching until midnight." Another replied. They nodded to each other and paced back up to the entrance.

"What are they doing here? Don't tell me they've got the guards searching for us.. Or.. Laenaya.. No, I can't let them get her. I swore to protect her! I-" She interrupted my thoughts with the sound of her soft voice. "Minato, why did you run away?" She questioned me curiously. I remained silent, letting my memories corrupt my train of thought. "Hmm, sorry. I was thinking. What did you say?" I asked, in a docile manor. "Why did you run away, Minato?" she repeated. I simply shook my head, sighed and lent into her slowly. "So, what's it like being the son of a Lord? Must be pretty amazing, huh?" Laenaya asked softly, in a whispered tone. I simply shook my head and allowed my hair to cover my face. "Not as amazing as you might think.." I whispered, rubbing at the bruising on my shoulder. I felt a little agitated, my body remained still as each breath I exhaled left a smokey outline against our bodies. The smoke-like appearance of each breath dispersed into the shadowed night moments later. I wanted her, I've never wanted someone so badly. "Laenaya, how do you feel about.. Um.. Me?" I questioned her with a soft smile. She turned to me abruptly, her eyes open wide. "Well.. I've never really been able to confirm what I feel about you.. Mainly because we were meant to be sworn enemies, our houses hate each other.. But, here we are.. Together." She broke out into a smile, this particular smile captivated my heart.

There was an intense pain surging through my chest, I lifted my hand to feel around the tender skin, wincing as I turned my head to the blood spattered over her chest. Her face distraught with fear. "M-Minato? A-Are you going to be alright?!" She spattered. I gave out a hesitant smile. "I alw- Gah!" I broke out into a visible lunged over posture. I turned my head to the female figure behind me."Damn… snake," I choked out, before falling forward. My head landed clumsily between her breasts. "Damn…" She gave out a half smile as the female departed, partially enjoying the way my heaving chest pressed against her stomach. The blood seeped through my clothing, soaking it thoroughly. "Looks like.. W-We were caught. Huh, L-Laenaya?" I whispered softly. My pupils dilated instantly.

She sat there silently, looking up at the sky as the Heavens began to cry, rain instantly collided with the branches, leaves and grassland. The droplets from the leaves tipped onto our faces, each individual droplet making it's own path down each of our cheeks. The final few droplets caressed the outline of her lips, passing onto the visible section of her lower lip. I lay there, crippled amongst the pain. I felt her fingertip graze the side of my head occasionally, it made me smile. It was like I could feel her warm smile in the depths of my heart, and the more I thought, the more I could ignore the crippling pain that attached itself to my body. I felt comfortable against her, the way she stroked my head almost made the pain disperse completely. I wanted to stay like this forever, that was all I had ever wanted. That comforting sensation kept my body in warmth, a warmth that wrapped itself down around the whole of my heart.