s e v e n

C H A P T E R  S E V E N

"renjunnie!" a small voice called out as a petite body crashed into the teenager.
i looked down to see a black haired three year old hugging his legs as a warm smile took over my face before i lifted the child up in my arms and spun him around.
"chao!" i called out in return.

sicheng jogged up to us, keys in hand and smiled with relief as he saw me cradling my nephew.
"how come chao isn't with tzuyu?" i asked the twenty year old as we all stood collected by the school gate.
he shook his head and sighed before beginning his explanation.
"she decided she wanted her week of custody cut short, so this little cutie"  he picked chao up and smothered him with kisses "will be back home with his amazing papa and uncle renjun"

"so do you have full custody yet?" i asked with eyebrows raised, to which sicheng nodded and explained how tzuyu had decided that the responsibility of a child was tom much for her, so she stopped her selfish fight for custody and legally handed the boy to sicheng, who she knew would care for him properly.

chao giggled and stretched out for me with his small hands and arms.
"uncle rennie!"
i smiled and took him into my arms, holding him close as i looked to sicheng who stared back at me excitedly.
"let's go meet mr nakamoto, i left my notebook in there on purpose"
i rolled my eyes as sicheng squealed and chao slipped out of my arms and resorted to holding my hand instead.

the classroom was lonely, it would be completely empty if it weren't for mr nakamoto who was sat contently at his desk as he typed on his laptop.
i knocked on the door and bowed before sicheng followed me into the classroom quietly, chao clinging to his arm.
yuta smiled softly at the young child who cling to the young adult he often saw pick renjun up.

"sorry sir, i left my stuff here"
"it's okay" yuta insisted as i moved to my locker to get out my few notebooks i left on purpose.
"who's this?" he asked me, regarding the two i had brought into his room.
"my name is chao and i'm three years old, so don't mess with me mister" he said with an adorable voice he intended to be threatening.
yuta raised his hands and laughed at the boy as sicheng picked up chao and scolded him for being rude, to which he soon stopped doing because of the cute smile he received as chao nuzzled into his shoulder.

i looked over my own shoulder as i watched the three interact while sicheng introduced himself, smirking.
"sorry about him, i'm sicheng renjun's brother"
he said politely, making me quietly scoff as the two adults shook hands.
"yuta" he replied.
"is he your brother aswell?" yuta asked, speaking of chao, as sicheng shook his head.
"son, i was young when he was born but i wouldn't change it for the world" sicheng beamed with a smile, to which yuta replicated.

"got it all, come on sicheng jaemin is going to be round later for tutoring"
sicheng nodded as he rubbed chao's back and said bye to yuta.

once we exited the classroom, sicheng squealed which was quite embarrassing.
i prayed mr nakamoto hadn't heard or seen that and made my way out to the car for sicheng to drive us home.
chao fell asleep in his car seat and ventured into his own world, dreaming happy dreams of love, rainbows and family.

my phone dinged and as i looked down at the. notification, i felt slightly flustered for no reason.
'nana 💛'
'can you meet me at the café near tesco for like 6pm instead? i'll be waiting x'
i replied with a short 'yeah sure x' before i looked out of the window with a smile, ignoring the rough road we were driving on, and instead feeling like i was floating through the softest cloud known to mankind.