CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

chapter thirty-two

chapter thirty-two.
phantomesque

THERE WAS HOPE that Elijah was able to have been brought back from the dead as soon as his presence had been felt within the pendant. It had left Oscar staying up for the majority of the night conjuring a spell that would be their to help in order to bring the veined and greyed original, laying within the comfort of his coffin, back to life so that they weren't supposed to grief on a man who was need be immortal. Esme was gifted with a restless night of sleep, as much as none of them wanted to close their eyes for the night they had to.

Esme had Klaus had been staring at each other throughout the night, neither finding sleep possible as when Isaac and Hope had confirmed that Elijah's spirit rested in the comfort of the pendant it seemed wrong to lay within their bed. So their morning had started early, watching Oscar and Freya begin to lay out a spell to retrieve Elijah's spirit and receiving a concerned phone call from Rebekah and Kol as their time in the French Rivera no longer held its fun when vampires begun to drop dead.

"Rebekah and Kol just landed." Klaus announced bringing Esme's eyes to pull away from Freya and Oscar to the hybrid that marched into the parlour. "I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar."

Oscar didn't, but he knew that he and Freya were to face complications when it came to brining Elijah back from the dead and which the blonde was quick to voice to the three relying on herself and her nephew. "We can't resurrect Elijah until w'ere certain his mind is whole."

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket." Klaus reminded as he gestured towards the pendant that held broken pieces of crystal that had been pushed together to become whole again. "What's the problem?"

"Dad," Oscar sighed deeply. "when the pendant shattered, Uncle Elijah's mind shattered with it." He explained bringing Esme's brows to knit together as she feared that they were all to worry once again. "He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his consciousness."

"How do we find that?" Hayley queried.

Oscar pinched the bridge of his nose and the silence in which followed had caused Esme to break her silence. "Oscar?"

"It'll take some time." Oscar stated as his lips pressed into a thin line. "It could be anywhere in a thousand years of memories, but if we try fixing the pendant before finding him and helping his mind, he'll be permanently fractured....like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set."

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him." Klaus snapped at his son, his irritation taken out on the gingered brunette who only wished to find Elijah as much as his father standing in front of him. Seeing the way in which Oscar's face had softened, Klaus had only furrowed his brows as an apologetical look followed. "Sorry, son."