Region Description: Plymfeld Swamplands

The Plymfell Swamplands lay by the Ice-Crowned Heights to the east and the Onoview Bluffs to the south. This small forest filled fief has multiple forests submerged in water from the heavy rain from the neighboring coastal fief, and the rivers stemming from the Ice-Crowned Heights. Originally not considered a safe region to reside, it was considered a secondary defense area to the artificial mountains being built next to it. The area is swarmed with different magic beasts, and because of the misty evenings in the area, it is naturally surrounded with mystery.

The few villages are often adept at navigation, hunting and tracking. Most of them have learned how to use the small local river boats as well, though leaving the village area after dusk is considered dangerous as most of the predatory magical beasts in the area are nocturnal.

As expected of a swamp region, the traditional dishes are often based on reptiles and a few river fish. The local population of traveling deer is considered sacred and bad luck to kill. This originally stems from the populace being unable to tell the difference between the deer and the magic beast deer that slips into the herds. These magic beasts, called Acore Deer,are believed to purify the water they journey through and give the reason incredibly pure drinking water. Legends say that merely brushing against it will clean your wounds and heal your sicknesses.

The legends tell of one of these Acore deer falling in love with a young man journeying into the deepest part of the forest to slay a giant Tovhi Snake given the name of Orid The Violent. Orid had trashed and destroyed the man's village while he was out hunting, and it had eaten every villager one by one before squirming its way back into the swampy area. The young man set out for revenge, and the Acore deer follows him through multiple trials, though always at a distance. In the final part of the legend the young man fights against Orid The Violent all on his own, cutting and stabbing at Orid with his spear. Though, no matter how he tries he cannot get through the thick scales. In a moment of the young man's despair Orid takes advantage of the hesitance and bites through the young man's shoulder with its poisonous fangs. In that moment the Acore dear yells out: 'Hit its eye!' and with a dagger the young man pierces the snake's eye with the short blade. As Orid opens its mouth in a hiss of anger and pain, the young man stabs through the mouth of the violent beast and cuts its inside open. Still, Orid is not dead, and prepares to eat the young man up whole! The Acore deer jumps in and gets the trembling young man on its back and hops away, for snakes die slow, but if injured enough they will die slowly and painfully. The Acore deer leans down to the dying young man that is shaking and twitching from Orid's poison and places a kiss on the young man's lips. As it does, its shape changes to that of a young woman and the young man's body ceases to tremble. The young man takes the Acore deer as his wife and once they ensured Orid's death they settle down at the village Orid The Violent destroyed. The village is now called the 'Village of Warm Blood' and at its gate hangs a huge reptile jaw hinting at the legend.

The Village of Cold Blood lies a bit more to the south, and claims an entirely different heritage. The people that stem from this village are known for not only being anemic and partly nocturnal, but also have a great sense of smell. They believe their ancestry stem from the first reptilian magical beasts that appeared in this land, and their legends tell of mating between these giant reptiles and the humans inhabiting the land. While there is no proof and the lord of the land denies it, it is a common belief in the area.

The land is owned by a vassal of the Tepet family. The Tepet family originally owned the area, but after the construction of the Ice-Crowned Heights they gave the land to one of their knights. It's far from rich or safe from beasts, but if nothing else the inhabitants needn't worry about war.