Chapter 1 "Plot"

'My feet imprinted in the sand as I walked along the beach. It was quiet, all I could hear were the waves as they washed up around my ankles. The cool ocean breeze brushed up against my bare chest...' Robbie typed incessantly on his computer. His hands glided across his keyboard like a pianist would on his own keys. His face intent with creating what he thought was his masterpiece. A soft knocking at the door caused him to lose his train of thought.

Robbie sighed, "Who is it?" he said angrily, expecting it to be one of his little bratty siblings behind the knock. His room was quiet for a few seconds before he heard a soft chuckle outside his door.

"Well if you don't want me here," a familiar voice answered "I might as well go. That was Brock, Robbie's best friend since he could remember. He had done basically everything in his life with him, and they weren't planning on stopping. The two applied to the same college for their top choice and were planning on going into journalism.

"Alright, well you better go then." Robbie said with a shit eating grin on his face. They both laughed as Brock walked through the door. He was wearing a black beanie that Robbie thought was stupid, letting a small tuft of his auburn hair stick out. He threw his blue jacket down on the bed and sat down next to it as Robbie turned around on his computer chair to face him.

"Writing again, I see," Brock said as he took his beanie off, running his peach toned hand through his hair, and putting it back on. "Which story is it now?"

"A new one, actually, I just started as you walked in." Robbie said while instinctively, he looked at his phone but quickly looked back up at Brock. "It's gonna be pretty dark but I think people will like it" he said, glancing back at him.

"Always so dark with you, Robbie," Brock followed up, fiddling with his thumbs "Ever try to be happy for once?" he said with a soft chuckle.

Robbie looked at Brock "Happy writing is for people who have everything they've dreamed of," he smiled "I'm only in high school, Brock."

November 2023

He pulled his car into his brick driveway, slowly coming to a stop in front of his house. He hurried to the door, Hannah and Sal followed quickly behind him due to the biting cold. The golden sky reflected off the pure white snow. They walked up the front steps with a little pep, he fiddled with his keys, irritated. He found the right one and quickly opened the door and walked inside.

As they walked in, they could hear the heat slowly kicking on, along with the lights. Hannah took off her ushanka hat and black coat, revealing her long black hair and prepossessing figure.

Robbie quickly sat on the couch, the rustling of his jacket coincided with it rubbing against the soft material before he took it off and laid it next to him and let his head fall back.

Hannah looked at Robbie and smiled, moving his jacket and sitting next to him, and Sal doing the same. "That was exhausting." Hannah started, "but it was fun as hell though" she rubbed her thighs to start getting warm.

Robbie looked at Hannah's hands and laughed. "You've been in Maine for almost a year, we ski all the time. and you still get cold this easily?" Sal chuckled as Hannah flipped her hair at Robbie to look at Sal.

"At Least I don't lick metal poles like a fuckin' cartoon" Hannah said, looking in front of her like Sal wasn't even around and she couldn't help a small smirk breaking through and Robbie started laughing as he got up.

"It was one time!" Sal said, slapping his thighs out of frustration. The two laughed together, letting Sal's dyed blonde bangs fall in front of his face.