Chapter 16

"I need Stein and Marie to head to the east side of the city. Gather information from anyone who may know anything about the approaching enemy. It won't be long until they strike so be vigilant. Take Blackstar and Tsubaki with you too. The more help, the more information." They both nod in response. "Justin and Elizabeth, I need you two to do the same on the west side. Take Maka and Kidd along with their weapons."

"Um Lord Death?"

"Yes Elizabeth?"

"Why are we taking two groups?"

"Extra protection. I can't have you getting hurt again."

"My Lord! You are a kind and benevolent ruler!" Justin sang out and everyone sighed.

"Okay. If that's what you want Sir." I looked down out of embarrassment but I understood why he wanted me to be more protected.

"What can I do Sir?" Azusa steps forward and she fixed her perfectly placed glasses.

"I want you and Spirit to stay here for now."

"But Lor-"

"I need an extra scythe here right now. We need to come up with a plan before something bad happens again. Do you understand?" Azusa is crushed but she agrees to stay anyway. Death tells everyone that they are free to leave. I take this chance to talk to Azusa.

"Hey it's been a long thing since I have seen you." I walked up to her and gave her a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Ellie. How are you feeling? I heard what happened earlier."

"Good. My body hurts but it's better than not being able to work." Azusa snickers. "So how's Europe? I hope you don't mind me leaving it to you while I'm gone."

"Europe is fine right now and don't worry about it. You know I always enjoy hard work."

We talked for a while longer before Justin and I had to leave and grab the kids. Azusa and I said goodbye and we were separated once again.

On the way to Kidd's house I said, "that's what I don't like about this job." Justin just looked at me curiously. "We make bonds with people and then they have to leave. I wish I could see them all every day. Uncle Stein and Kidd. Marie and Azusa. Even Blackstar and Spirit. I even lost you for a while and I'll lose you again after we're done here." His face turned sad and he stopped walking. "You'll go back to Portugal and I'll be in England again." I started crying and I leaned on him. "I hate having to leave you."

He didn't know what to say so he simply put his arms around me. "I'm sure it'll work out." He finally said. I stopped crying and said 'yeah'. We continued on until we reached the mansion.

I knocked on the door and 8 minutes later a boy with symmetrical bedhead opens the door. "What are you doing here, it's 2 am."

"Sorry Kiddo but we needed to inform you and your weapons that we'll be leaving in four hours for a mission from your father."

"We can't leave at 6! We're leaving at 8 or not at all!" I turned to the young grim reaper.

"You will be leaving this house at 5:57 and you will like it!"

"No don't change the time to an uneven number! Fine, I'll be ready to go at 6 o'clock sharp."

"Yeah okay Kidd. We're leaving now. Get some sleep it's gonna be a big day."

The couple made their way to Soul and Maka's apartment and had a similar conversation with Soul Eater. "This isn't cool at all but we'll be there." They all agreed to meet up at Kidd's house at 6.

"Alright now it's time for us to get some shuteye." They went home and fell asleep the moment their heads hit their pillows.

Next morning! 6 am

I strolled up to the Gallows with Justin's hand in mine. We met up with everyone and unsurprisingly, none of them could keep their eyes open while I was explaining the mission. Well everyone except for Patty. She was as lively as ever.

Maka was asleep on Soul's back, Liz almost fell down a couple of times but Kidd made sure she didn't, and I comfortably rested my head on Justin's arm as we walked. Everyone had clothes, snacks, water and money on them.

We made our way through the city and we heard a familiar sound. "YAHOO!" Behind Blackstar was a half asleep Tsubaki, an irritated professor, and a sleeping woman resting on his back. They were going the opposite direction of us and we all shared the same sleepy faces while Blackstar and Patty were waking up the whole block with their yelling.

"Come on Patty, let's go find a giraffe on the other side of the city!" I grabbed Patty's small hand.

"Okay!" She giggled out.

After several hours of walking we made it to the other side of the city. Stores and restaurants were starting to open so we all decided to get something to eat.

While we were eating I explained the game plan. "Okay so we are going to go to the bad side of town for information. We need to know who the enemy is exactly, what they want, and how many there are. Mind you we also need to be discreet about it." Justin was playing Patty some of his music so she couldn't hear the plan. It was a little mean but none of them wanted her to say the wrong thing to someone.

"Alright we'll go after everyone is done eating." Everyone agreed and soon we set of on another journey.

"Hey Ellie?"

"Yeah Soul."

"Why do people call you the improviser? It's a weird nickname." I giggle and Justin speaks.

"It's weird yes but it suits what she does. I'm sure you'll understand why soon."

"Um okay."

As we were about to walk into the bad part of town I realized something. "Justin, I forgot to change!" I ran off to find a bathroom.

"Why does she need to change clothes? She looks fine." Kidd asks.

"I ask myself that all the time." Justin pinches the bridge of his nose.