27

You became the reason I breathe, you suffocate me.
-----Unknown

ERIC'S POV

"You can't drown yourself like this. Go to her. Explain her your side. She'll eventually forgive you if she loves you." My head snapped up and I saw my mother towering over me. Her voice was laced in concern, pity and empathy.

"Don't do this to yourself. It'll only destroy you again. Please tell me what happened. This silence will kill you. May be I could help you somehow." She snatched away the whiskey bottle from my hold and kept it away. I grunted in response and she sighed.

"You can't drink with the kids running around the house. What kind of example are you setting for them ?" Her eyes held disappoint and remorse. I felt too guilty for letting her down. I had failed my parents too. I had done nothing but gifted them with never ending self reproach.

They always understood me. They never said a word or forced me to do something against my will. They were one ideal parents and loved me no less than my obedient siblings who never failed them.

"I don't want to talk mama." I uttered and she sadly nodded her head. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears which broke my already broken heart. I never wanted to see tears in her eyes. I never wanted to be the one to upset her. But she was distressed and all because of me, because of her once good boy.

It had been three months and I was rotting in their place. I had not gone to any of my photoshoots and signings. I didn't want to go back to Perforar, my tattoo, peircing and hair salon. I was sure everyone would be working well there.

I agreed to stay at my parents' place because of my father's insistence. He didn't want me to rot in a corner of Roma's apartment. They both had been bugging me day and night to know the reason why Roma left me and broke off our engagement but I had not dared to utter a single word. They both quite liked her because she somehow brought back my happiness but now what would I tell them. How would I tell them that I cheated on her on our own bed ? How would I tell them that I mistook the girl I loathed as the girl I loved ? Or I would tell them that I was drunk to a level that I couldn't even recognise my own fiance ? It would only make them hate me.

"Alex Cullen" We both jerked up at the thundering voice that echoed throughout the mansion.

Mom got up in a hurry and ran out of the room. I followed her but stopped once when I saw Edward Waffles screaming on top of his lungs while my father was trying very hard to calm the raging bull down. Mom sent my siblings upstairs and asked Xena to take care.

"I don't know anything, Alex. Tell me where that bastard son of yours is hiding." He yelled making mom shudder at her place. Dad pulled her close and stared at the raging man.

"Mind you tongue, Edward. You are speaking about my son." Dad said.

"I can't after knowing what he has done." Uncle Edward shouted in octave.

"Mr. Waffles there are kids in the house. Please calm down. We can sit and talk." Mom suggested.

"Wow ! Ain't your family too good at it ? Are you trying to cover up for what your son has done ?" He threw away his cellphone on the floor and it crashed into pieces.

"Call him right now." He yelled and both my parents were too confused to answer.

"He's not here." Mom said. My feet involuntarily strode toward the living room and when Edward Waffles eyes landed on me, he erased the distance between us in few long steps. His eyes roamed all over me and they just held disgust and I knew why it was. I wasn't in a very wonderful state. Before I could sense, my cheek burnt with a stinging sensation and I fell flat on floor holding my right cheek.