Chapter 1

"Eddie! Wake up! Wake up! Someone's coming." The concerned voice of Venom registered into Eddie's ears before he finally opened his eyes.

It was a bit blurry for him at first until he blinked a few times to get a clear picture and the first thing he saw was a bunch of dead trees still standing in their roots in which he noted that he must be in some woods.

Eddie groaned when he started feeling a terrible headache coming up. He was lying on the dirty ground filled with dead leaves and his head was using a hard rock as a pillow.

'What the hell happened?' Eddie mentally asked his companion.

'No time for that, Eddie. Someone's coming and you need to get up. Now!'

'Just calm down, man. It's nothing we can't handle.' Eddie reassured the Symbiote as he mustered his remaining strength to life himself.

'If that were true, then I shouldn't be having a pretty bad feeling about this place.'

'Are you serious, man?'

'Dead serious, Eddie. Now get up!'

At that, Eddie finally managed to stand up but in quite an awkward way because he feels pretty weak which is kinda weird for him because he is still completely bonded with Venom. He guessed that it must be that weird red lightning that struck him must have left an effect on him and Venom.

But one thing doesn't add up. Since when are lightning strikes transports you into some random unknown woods? That's just not possible.

As Eddie tries to mull it over, the sounds of footsteps and rustling of nearby bushes brought him back to reality.

He began concentrating his enchaced senses to determine of where the approaching person might be.

It was pretty obvious that it was nearby and so Eddie decided to wait rather than just trying to look for it because it was already approaching his way.

And then out of the bushes, the approaching person revealed itself to be a young man with ash blond hair in a plain white buttoned down shirt and long dark pants.

"Who the hell are you?" The young man questioned with rising suspicion.

Eddie was a bit surprised that the man didn't recognized him but nevertheless answered, "Um, perhaps you might have heard of me. I'm Eddie Brock. I'm a reporter."

"Never heard of you." At that, Eddie became a bit more surprised and a little offended that the man still didn't recognize him but kept it from showing it to his new acquaintance since that would be kinda rude if he were to suddenly lash out just for not hearing about him, "But the name's Ethan. Ethan Winters. Nice to meet you." The man now known as Ethan slowly offered his hand for a formal handshake in which Eddie accepted with respect.

"Forgive me for asking a stupid question, Ethan. But could you please tell me where the hell am I?"

Seeing his reaction at his question, Eddie knew he made a mistake because Ethan looked suspicious all of a sudden.

"You mean to tell me that you don't where you are?" Ethan questioned with a wary look on his face.

"Yeah. I remember I was on my way back home until a big ass storm appeared and it all went black for me. As for how did I get here. I have not a single clue. Actually, I just woke up here not so long ago before I met you." Eddie answered truthfully, only leaving out the fact that he was struck by a red lightning and still managed to survive.

Ethan was hesitant of believing his words at first before finally relenting which elicited a tired stressful sigh from him, "You're in Dulvey Louisiana, Eddie."

"That can't be right." Those were the only words Eddie could croak out. He was beyond confused. Actually, he was freaking out right now. How the hell did he get to Louisiana? He was supposed to be in California and now boom, he's here in this creepy looking woods in Louisiana. Now, Eddie may not know the town Dulvey but he can bet his ass that he knows where the hell is Louisiana. And that's pretty fucking far away from home and California.

"What do you mean?" Ethan questioned before a scream echoed throughout the whole woods, quickly gaining the attention of the two, "That's Mia! I'm sorry, Eddie, but I gotta go now. She needs my help."

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, Ethan quickly ran to where the scream was coming loudly from, ignoring and leaving the shell shocked Eddie behind.

Eddie was a bit lost at word right now and his mind was trying to process what the hell is happening. His mind kept asking questions one after another before it is slowly lost in thought.

'EDDIE! SNAP OUT OF IT!' Venom shouted which brought him back to reality, 'That's more like it. Now, I am as confused and lost as you right now but being like this won't get us any answers. Remember! That we are Venom! And there is nothing and no one that we can't handle.'

'You're right. I'm sorry. But since we don't know a lot about this place, let's follow where that guy went. Maybe, we could help him and he could help us in return. And besides, that kind of scream just raises trouble so let's go.'

XXX

And that's a cut. And hello, fellow readers, Red Raven here, your humble author. Now, this fanfic will be a bit different in tone and direction from my other works because I say so and I want to.

As for the pairings, let's just say I will always keep quiet about it. But you might be able to correctly guess on who's Eddie Brock's love interest will be in this story.

And no! It's not Venom. Yeah, I heard about that shipping called Symbrock which is gross by the way. And no, it's not gonna be his ex-wife played Michelle Williams. It's gonna be...(Answer: Not Revealed)

And as always, please give a vote and a comment. Thank you for reading.