Chapter 2: Acquaintances

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ----------------

---------------- ----------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."

---------------- ----------------

"That. Is. Impossible." I gasped, placing my nervous hand on my chest to inevitably feel the rapid beat of my bleeding heart. Jay stares at me full of concern.

"I know right... It's impossible, but there he is. Young, Wild, and Free from military." He stated slowly while awkwardly rubbing his neck.

Harry was forcibly sent to military school to be disciplined since he reluctantly made countless violations and suspensions in school, so his parents impulsively decided to send him away. Although, it seems like he changed for the better since he's already out of military school - either he got kicked out again or just basically being a good student.

"I guess we're 10 minutes late." Jay cuts in. I nod approvingly and didn't hesitate to instantly follow him from behind until we cautiously enter our room.

Bunch of heads instantly turns to us, foolishly giving us a suspicious glare. I desperately ignore the fact that we are the center of attraction - So I decided to quickly spot a vacant seat. But with no luck, two seats are forcibly separated - one seat in the middle, beside a blonde girl while the other one is simply in the back, beside the most undesirable person ever, Harry.

We stood there clueless. Until the professor allegedly slams his calloused palm on the battered table, creating a loud thud echoing around the room, catching our attention.

"You, Boy, sit beside Miss Christine." He motions Jay with his index finger and points down the seat beside the girl. 

Jay obeys immediately and hurriedly sat beside her while giving me an apologetic look and mouths the word "sorry".

I don't have any other choice than to sit beside Harry, who doesn't seem to notice me yet. 

The Professor then clears his hoarse throat, making me flinch and unconsciously gives him a glare. I slowly take a deep breath before striding my way to hell.

Once I was settled in my seat, the professor promptly starts introducing himself as "Dr. Kranz", and without merely wasting a second, he starts discussing the lessons that we are about to learn.

This part of starting the first day is extremely usual for me, and it gets me simply fed up, so I reach into my bag to grab a notebook to scribble on.

Let's see what I can draw.

Scribbling gallantly helps me to instantly get something out of my chest once in a possible while. Taking me back to my imaginary mind since I was an innocent child. Full of flowers and adorable unicorns. While others undoubtedly have cynical sides and merely pointed horns. These are precisely the only memories I constantly think of when I'm typically in a low mood.