Chapter 22: Raven Soul

(Unedited)

Blair's pov:

The next day was hard again. Blake had to work today until two so I was training with John and River.

"You have the magic down, but you need to work on self control. If you just let loose on your magic it could go anywhere around you and you could hurt someone other then your target." River said.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"It's not easy. You need to really focus on the one spot you want to hit. If not your spell will go everywhere and cause a disaster. Make a very small water spout and focus on that tree." River said pointing to a tree five feet away.

I called to my water power and I felt the cool liquid rush from my palm and flow out.

I saw what River meant. It was going strait but also spraying out all around my hand. I looked at the tree and willed the water to go to it.

The water rushed to the tree, but still spread a little.

"Cup your hand." John suggested.

I did as he said and the water flowed easier and spit less. I focused on the tree harder and it finally went right to where I wanted it to go. It was extremely hard and drained my energy.

I could only keep it up for a little while before I had to stop.

"That was good. Let's go again." John said.

So for the rest of the morning I practiced and improved until I was to tired and was driven home. After a shower and lunch I decided to get some home work done.

I was working on my biology report when Blake showed up. He looked tried and stresses.

"Hey are you ok?" I asked.

Blake shook his head.

Now that I got a closer look he was pale and looked like he would pass out. He was drenched in sweat and I noticed blood on his shirt. The stain on his stomach was growing.

"Blake?" I asked.

He suddenly was dizzy and started to fall over.

I quickly cough him before he fell. Blake weighted more then I expected and my arms shook.

I quickly dragged him to my bedroom and pulled him onto my bed.

Remembering the first aid class I took I quickly looked him over.

He was unconscious, but breathing and had a pulse. He was sweaty and pale, also blooding in the stomach area and his leg.

The stomach was worst so I quickly took his shirt off and saw a bullet hole.

I gasped. He was shot. Blake was shot, in Fallen Springs. How could this have happened?

I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the rubbing alcohol, gauze, sterile wraps, gloves, and bandages.

I rushed back and put the gloves on before reaching in the the bullet. His body reflexively twitched and his expression was pained.

I quickly pulled it out and set it aside.   Then I quickly poured some rubbing alcohol into the cut and I heard him groan a little.

After that I piled some gauze on top of the bottle hole and held it there. It bleed through so I added more before wrapping it into place and tying the knot over the wound.

Then I went down to his shin and cleaned the cut and badged it.

After that I looked him over again and didn't see any other cuts, just bruises.