One Shot

Apni cheezen yahan wahan churne ki aadat hai tumhari. Arnav was standing in front of Khushi, glaring at her. (It's your habit to leave things here and there)

Jaise apni payal mere poolside pe churi thi, his words made Khushi look up. (like you left your anklet at my poolside)

Tumhari payal mere paas thi is baat ka koi galat matlab mat nikal lena, Arnav scoffed, looking in her eyes. (don't think of any wrong thing of the fact that your anklet was with me)

Yeh mat sochna ke aik ameer admi tumhari payal ko apne seene se laga kar betha tha. Mjhe iss sab se koi faraq nahi parta. It doesn't mean a thing! Starting slowly, his voice raised reaching the end. (don't think that a rich person was keeping your anklet close to his chest. I am not affected by all this)

Shayid tumhare liye hoga. Tumhe tu laga hoga ke tumhari zindagi ban gaye. Mere liye us baat ki ya tumhari koi ahmiyat nahi hai. He gritted his teeth. (maybe it meant something to you. You must have thought that your life is made. I don't have importance for you or that thing)

Koi maini nahi rkhti tum aur tum se juri koi bhi cheez. He spat at Khushi without realizing her state. (you or anything related to you doesn't mean a thing to me)

Standing a little away from Gupta House, with dim lights surrounding them, Arnav was glaring at the girl clad in red saree.

His teeth clenched as he fisted his palm, suppressing his anger. The girl standing before him made him lose his control.

Tum jesi larkiyon ko mein ache se smjhta hun. Paisa dekha nahi, aur apni auqaat. (I know your type of girls. The moment you see money, you show your low status)

Khushi looked towards him in shock. But Arnav Singh Raizada is never dominated by anyone.

Aj k baad tumse mjhe koi matlab nahi hai. Di aur Nani ko tu tum apni muthi mein kar skti ho, lekin mjh pr tumhara jado kabhi nahi chale ga. He gripped her upper arm making her flinch. (I don't have any thing to do with you now. You can butter up Di and Nani, but your charm won't work on me)

Her doe eyes filled with tears as the grip tightened. A tear escaped her eye, seeing which Arnav pushed her back and marched towards his car.

Opening the door, he looked at Khushi for one last time. Kaash tum ab kabhi mere samne na ao. His nerve throbbed as he spoke the words powerful enough to break the other person. (I wish you never come in front of me again)

Khushi, who was silently crying till then, looked up at his words. The angry brown orbs met with teary hazel eyes, making the world stop.

Theek hai. Hum aj k baad kabhi ap ko apni shakal nahi dikhain gai. Khushi wiped her tears and ran towards her home. (Alright. I won't show you my face henceforth)

Realizing the intensity of his words, Arnav felt an urge to stop her.

He looked at her helplessly as he recalled his words. He didn't mean to say them. His hand rose in air to call her back but the words got stucked in his throat.

Cursing himself, he sat in the car and zoomed out of Lakhmi Nagar. At that time, he didn't know that some wishes come true faster than a person wished them to be.

*

*

*

Khushi stopped at the door of her home. Her eyes crying, her heart bleeding. Arnav's words still rang in her ears making her go insane.

Wiping her tears harshly, she took a long breath composing herself. But felt like crying more and more.

Glancing at the close door, she turned away. I can't go inside like this. With slow steps, she went some way far from her home. Her heart was constantly crying at the turn of events.