Chapter 1: NYC, 8 Years Later

"Elsa Ice has been the talk of the town since she performed her first show of The Nutcracker as the sugarplum fairy. But her career hasn't stopped there, she's been over ten shows since she joined the NYC's private dance school when she was ten, now at the age of eighteen, we only wonder where Elsa Ice will be doing next." Elsa heard as the new lady talk about her, about her life on tv. "She'll be going home." Elsa answered before she tuned off her tv and smiled before she heard a knock on the door. "I'm here to pick up Elsa Rose?" She heard the voice behind the door making her grab her bags and looked around her small apartment again.

She's been living here for four years, four years of parties for work, four years of living by herself so she could be away form her manger, four years of planning on leaving this hell hole. She took a deep breath, "Okay... Here we go." She says as she opens the door to see a man about twenty with a smile on his face, "Hi, I'm your driver Joel, I thought I'd come to help you with your... Wait... Are you Elsa Ice?" Joel ask almost in a panic finally realize who she was. "You could say that." She says as Joel grabbed her bags. "I'm sorry... I just... Wow." He says making her laugh again, "It's really nice to meet you Joel and thank you for picking me up." She says as they started to walk down the stair to his car. "It's my pleasure Miss. Ice. You said you had a few stops to make on the phone, where are we going first?" He ask stepping outside. New York at night was Elsa's favorite time of day, it was like the city was alive. Joel opened the car door for her making her smile.

Elsa always believed in men opening doors for ladies but also believed that woman should help pay for the bill at dinners. She was complicated. "I need you to take me to the NYC School of Dance please." She says as Joel got in the driver seat and started to drive. "This late?" He ask. "Yes, they should still be rehearsing there." Elsa answered making Joel nod, "Yes ma'am." Joel answered as he took the turn to the school. Elsa was nervous about today, she already told her director she was leaving the program but she still told her to show up tonight for rehearsal, she didn't argue, she had a lot to thank Miss. Wills and her cast. They made her a stronger dancer and a better person. She was sad for leaving them, sad leaving this career but she knew she had to do this, it was time for her to take a break, go back home and finish high school.

She never got to go to a real school, even when she was a kid, she was in a private school with people who thought they were better then anyone else Elsa hated it, she couldn't wait to at school and see Jack. Jack... The reason she wanted to go back to her home town, that and to be closer to her mother. New York wasn't the same without her mother. She remember when she got to come to New York to see a play with her mother, a girl's day she used to call it. That was why Elsa wanted to be a dancer, so she could be in ballet or even be on broadway. Her mother wanted that too, which is why she kept going.

But now... it was time to be a human, to be who she needed to be. "Miss. Ice." She heard Joel say as she looked up front to see the school, "We're here." He said with a smile as she started to get out, "I won't be long, if you haven't eaten yet, there is a great restaurant down the street." Elsa pulled out at less forty bucks out and handed it to Joel. "I.. this..." "It's on me, don't worry about it. Pick me up in an hour." Elsa said before Joel could talk her out of it, she started to walk into the building.

***

The building was dark, almost hard to see. "Hello? Miss. Wells?" Elsa yelled before she was blinded by a bright light and she heard, "Surprised!" Elsa covered her mouth as she saw her coworkers, friends and her coach around her with a cake that said 'Good luck back home' on it making Elsa almost cry. "You guys.." She whispered as Miss. Wells comes up to her first and gave her a hug. "You really think we'd let you go without saying good bye?" She giggled making Elsa laugh back as everyone else joined in a group hug. This was her family for the last eight years, she was friends with a lot of them. "We're going to miss you Elsa." One whispered handing her a drink. "Why don't you give us a speak." someone yelled as Elsa held up her glass.