My Story/Experience Of Using A Crisis Hotline Number:

Just the other night, I used a crisis hotline number. It was my first time using it, and I felt MORE than desperate, it was my only option I had left.

For my own privacy, I'm not going to be sharing the reason why I used the crisis hotline number. Instead I'll just be sharing the experience.

-------

Considering I've used the hotline number twice now, both times went well. The first time for me went better than the second time, however it all depends on who you get on the other receiving end of the line.

Some people (who I assume are social workers) are very spontaneous and outgoing and will go above and beyond to help you.

Other people will do just enough to help you out, basically all that they're required to do. 

Mind you, I texted the hotline number. I did not call.

People tend to think that hotline numbers won't do very much good for you... And I was one of those people. Whenever I saw a hotline number being shared around (like a suicide number) I thought it was just going to be a cheesy scam.

But it definitely was not. These people are trained to help you out, and calm you down as best as they can.

Their job is to just help. And I think that when you're at such a low spot in your life, rather than brushing hotline numbers off as a cheesy scam, ask yourself what else you have to lose?

You probably don't have much else to lose, do you? ....Just take the extra 30 minutes to call or text the number and get yourself some legitimate help. If you have time to cry around and mope, then I assure you have time to use the hotline.

These people help. They do. Just do yourself a big favor, and give yourself a chance at this. 

----------

ABOUT THE HOTLINE NUMBER I USED:

The hotline number I used it LITERALLY called "Crisis hotline" 

The number is 741-741 

You don't have to be in a direct crisis to get help. For me, I was not in a crisis. I was just feeling very depressed for a few weeks and finally had enough of it. 

~ You can call/text the number if you've been feeling depressed

~ You can call/text the number if you just got out of a relationship and are feeling upset

~ You can call/text the number If you're having anxiety

And so much more... You can text this number for ANY reason you could ever have.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that all you do to start a conversation up is type the simple words "hey" ....You don't need to say much... Anything works. You'll be appointed with a bot at first that will ask you what is going on, and the bot will connect you with a social worker who can help you.

 You'll be appointed with a bot at first that will ask you what is going on, and the bot will connect you with a social worker who can help you