^1^

I feel as though this chapter is all over the place but I tried my hardest to get my point across and yet build a better friendship with with the twins and Hermione before the story really gets into motion. If you think something needs to be added and/or expressed more clearly please leave a comment or message me privately and give me some suggestions. I do go through pretty bad writers block every now and again so I skip around all of my stories to keep my mind entertained so I don't want you guys to think I left you hanging. Also, suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated. I would love to have feedback from all of you. I do have to say if you don't like what I'm writing, please don't read it any further and don't leave hate comments. I just want friendly criticism. Thank you! I hope you all enjoy this story! I don't know how many chapters this story will have but my estimate is around 70-80 chapters and maybe this story will continue on to have a sequel. I'm not sure seeing as this is just starting out but I thought I'd at least give you the base of what I'm thinking. This chapter may have errors of all kinds in here as well. I rarely ever really reread what I write to fix those errors until I have completed the entire work that way I can go through it as a whole. Thank you again for reading!!

Word count: 5,038 words

Hermione

Most days it was extremely lonely being by myself these days. Usually I loved being able to curl up and listen to nothing but silence. Yet nowadays the silence even had something to say that I couldn't ignore. I can't continue to be alone all the time. It's unnerving. I nibble gently on my bottom lip as I mull over what I could possibly do to fill the silence today. Just as I've slowly come to a conclusion, a sleek, dark brown, obviously purebred owl pecks at my window with an envelope in between its beak. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, I haven't seen an owl like this before seeing as none of my friends have an owl such as this one. I stand up and make my way to the window, allowing the owl entrance to my flat. It swoops in, landing on my a dining room chair. I take the crisp white envelope from the owls beak and notice the deep purple ministry seal on the back. My eyes widen in shock. Why would the ministry be sending me a letter?

     I open the letter with care, not wanting to tear the envelope. I pull a neatly folded piece of card stock out and unfold it care, skimming the elegantly looped cursive as my heart starts hammering away in my chest.

Dear Miss Granger, Order of Merlin first class,

You are officially assigned an appointment with your case worker Mister Reynolds two days from today on 26 June, 2000 at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. You will be given a grace period of five minutes in which you are allowed to be late to this meeting.

You have been assigned this appointment in under the new law of the Ministry of Magic signed by your Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. This law is Mandatory Wedlock in which you are to marry. You fall under this law because you are within the age restraints of seventeen through thirty-two years of age. Below are the requirements of which you must follow this law:

1) You must be seventeen to thirty-two years of age.
2) You must marry within eight months. Starting only when you know who your future spouse is.
3) You must have at least two children between your honeymoon to four years after marriage.
4) Upon arrival to your appointment, you must be dressed semi-formally.
5) You must have a fertility check at Saint Mungos up to a week after your scheduled appointment.
6) A ministry official must accompany your wedding to make sure that you follow through. However you wish to marry is not up to the ministry, it is your special day after all.