Chapter 12

[Unedited]

Seth's POV

I let out a long, sad, crestfallen howl. It breaks through the night, resulting of a pause in the midst of the chaos I brought upon myself. And the girl I was supposed to love and protect.

I hold her limping body, the cold tender blood on my chest falling miserably in disarray to the ground. My eyes wet and my vision clouded. I listened to her weak heartbeat as it thumps unlively inside her ribcage. She feels cold in my embrace, her skin no longer flush with the tint that occupies her skin when she beamed, which I came to love in a matter. It's drained out of colour. She couldn't possibly heal from that punch which is meant to kill and to finish life. The sharp turn of the wind's direction just proves that the swing was meant to kill and to kill alone.

Just when I thought my life could be better, just when I started to love the sunlight that shone in the morning, even the darkness that night time holds, even started to appreciate my cursed fate that without it, I'll never get the chance to inhale the scent of my fated one. Just when everything started to make sense, this just had to happen.

Doom will always follow wherever I go. It will ruin every precious thing to me. Leaving only the darker part of everything that comes after.

I scan my surrounding that now is as silent as death and noticed that all eyes were focused on me, and the Alpha that caused her sister limping.

Her brother was still standing close to where her legs ended, utter shock occupies his face. Not that I care, he was the one that brought this upon himself. He mirrored my drenched cornea, bloodshot and the lenses filled with regret. I feel like killing him. I feel like cannibalizing him. I feel like burning him in flames. And I could feel the heat rising from within me. My magic is waiting to be unleashed, my ears were fuming and my brain refused to function. I should have known better. I will not let anything or anyone comes in the way of my light, even fate. I'll not allow anything to happen to her, she is my light. If I'm even considering about her pack's blessing before this, then it all vanished now.

I want to send someone to hell and it's not going to be me. I want to beat someone's life breathless, but I can't leave her dying.

As I look at her beautiful lips that softly trembles, my heart went chaotic. I keep chanting to myself that she'll survive, she has an Alpha blood pumping in her veins.

Yes, she'll live.

She'll live.

She'll live.

I keep convincing myself as I let out another howl. She's my ray of hope to living centuries more on earth. I'll save her, no matter the cost.

The Alpha seems to regain consciousness after my second howl. He stood up and attempt to take her body from me.

I let out a growl when he touches her.

He snapped back, letting out the same intimidating howl.

But not to me.

He'll not touch my mate and that's final.

I gave him a chance to kill me, but he failed.

Now, it's my turn.